Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AL - Simmons Bilt!

AdeeC

Practically Family
Yes, obviously Ken's a real S.O.B. Only such a demon would take in an 18y.o. with no future, train him, make him MD, and believe in him right up to the point where he found out the protege had robbed him of everything he could and tried to destroy the business he'd been entrusted with. Not nice at all.

If KC can be faulted is that he trusted WL far too much giving the opportunity for WL to systematically rip off the company for years. That shows the character of this rogue. No doubt good at pisssing in KC ears to keep everything hunky dory thus keeping him in the dark. An SOB owner would be interfering, micro managing everything and trusting no one.

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@ Superfluous;
I've just been catching up. Hats off to you for finding things!

@AdeeC;
Yeah, I agree. I hope that this whole thing gets wrapped up quick, Denny and Holly can run the company, and Ken can get back to his retirement with his wife. That would be a good outcome. I look forward to many years of Aero under continued family management. Good luck to them.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Spot on Big J. The sad thing is they won't get the last couple of years of their life back. I can't imagine the complete stress this breach of trust has caused them. Not just the theft, which in itself was horrific, but the fact that their trusted and obviously loved man on the ground literally tried to destroy their business. In doing so, also destroying their entire financial future and legacy. Its just so malicious and hateful.

Otter

One Too Many
Been there, done that ! Daughter is now 13 and seems to have sleeping sickness. We no longer have cats, but I remember well being awoken in the wee small hours by one of the cats dumping rabbits on the bed. And on one memorable occasion a rat ! The ferrets live in their cages and are NOT allowed free run of the bed.

But I digress, back to your normal service.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Been there, done that ! Daughter is now 13 and seems to have sleeping sickness. We no longer have cats, but I remember well being awoken in the wee small hours by one of the cats dumping rabbits on the bed. And on one memorable occasion a rat ! The ferrets live in their cages and are NOT allowed free run of the bed.

But I digress, back to your normal service.

Ferrets? I thought we were doing weasels?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
From SB's 'About Us' (did anyone else notice this already?);

'pay homage to this early pioneering manufacturer through our quality and integrity.'

Integrity? lollollollollollollollollollol
Steve Toohey needs to get a dictionary, he's in for a hell of a surprise when he finds out what that word means!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The bizarre thing is that I seem to remember DP tried exactly the same tactics a couple of years ago, with precisely the same spectacular results! These people are just downright weird.

Edward

Bartender
The bizarre thing is that I seem to remember DP tried exactly the same tactics a couple of years ago, with precisely the same spectacular results! These people are just downright weird.

What, you mean the old defame the competition, then attack your potential customer base because, as everyone knows, nothing makes people want to buy more than abuse? :lol:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Enter Perry Mason. This rainy night is going to be swell.

perry-mason.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone notice the deafening silence from DP headquarters since Superf's direct questions yesterday? Such people melt away like the Wicked Witch when asked for anything specific. Looking at his ebay page and after wading through all the adventure-boy palaver, you have to wonder how such people get by: a couple of jackets, a few pairs of sunglasses, some boots, and Star Wars junk. Kind of sad.

He checked in this morning. Typical chicken droppings with a big mouth and nothing to back it up.
No shock he's involved with AL and Louis Balls. Or are they the same guy? One wonders but yeah, pretty sad "shop" he has. But all the stars shop with him LOL.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, but this seems to be the M.O. for all the 'people' representing or standing up for WL/AL/SB;

1. Throw a load of anti-Aero accusations.
2. Counterfactually claim you're the victim.
3. Refuse to answer questions with facts.
4. Disappear for a while.
5. Come back to the Lounge.
6. (Repeat from stage 1).

I think the idea is that if they throw out the counterfactual 'narrative' (well, it's not sophisticated enough to call a narrative, more a case of screaming shrilly 'you've all got it in for me!'), but if they throw it out enough times, we lose patience with them, we become direct and abrasive (as well we should in the face of trolling), but the overall effect is that they will claim (and to the casual passer by it will appear) that rather than this being a black & white situation based on a courts ruling, that in fact 'there is more to this than meets the eye', muddied waters, and anyone who hasn't kept up to date with all the developments and threads will just write this off as a disagreement/argument between leather jacket companies and their fans.

This is why Drifterproductions, LB, Hidetanner, Capesofwrath are dangerous; they are intentionally putting it out there that this isn't a B&W situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana