Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Indy boots...do you put anything on them?

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shortly after I got my Indy boots, i applied several thin layers of a Pecards like substance to them. Between each thin layer I melted the coating in with a blow dryer. If you deciede to use regular shoe polish on them, make sure that it is netural. If you use a coloured shoe polish, it will permantly stain the white moc toe stitching.

53Effie

A-List Customer
I have coated mine a couple of times with Barbours Thornproof Dressing and have since polished them occasionally with brown polish. That has toned down the white stitching a bit without totally eliminating it. I am pleased with the way they look.

/|\

One of the Regulars
I just let mine go. I'll use some stuff I got from Red Wing when I think they need it.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Here's my tutorial on waxing Alden 405s:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...s...a-tutorial-for-those-who-dare!&highlight=

This is how they look now:
4008084223_c754c24dfa.jpg

53Effie

A-List Customer
Jan's original post is where I got the idea for using the Barbours. The appearance of my boots is very similar to his...maybe not quite as dark; but the polish has also helped in that regard. I thought they were a bit too much of a rusty red tint when new. Suits me better now.

CC-1

Familiar Face
I just used shoe polish on mine- I like the Lincoln brand the best. Marine Cordovan is excellent on the Alden cordovan loafers too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy