Aldo Shoe- Option for Indy Boot and others

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by cbrunt, Jan 26, 2011.

1. cbrunt

cbrunt One of the Regulars

Hi Gang,

Whilst searching for a replacement of my worn-out Alden 405, I stumbled onto Aldo shoe. Before anyone asks, no, I don't feel like having my Alden's rebuilt...uh... I mean "re-crafted"... :rolleyes: Never have been happy with them, aside from the looks.

Searched here and found little, so wanted to share what may be a tardy find on my part, but is otherwise a practically price substitute for anyone that likes the style of the 405.

Ordered the Aldo "Rodiguez" from Amazon for a staggeringly awesome $84 shipped !!!
    http://www.amazon.com/ALDO-Rodiguez...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1296058188&sr=8-1

On the Aldo site they're also on sale http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/boots/casual-boots/80837379-rodiguez/22

Browse the sites (either Amazon or Aldo)- many great options for anyone interested in other boots as well. Mods- if this is redundant, my apologies.

Clint

2. mattfink

mattfink Practically Family

Nothing personal, but that's like substituting baloney for steak...just saying!

3. cbrunt

Nothing personal taken. They're just shoes either way! However, I wasn't happy with my original steak- lots of great reviews, but tough and stringy.

4. Lonny

Lonny One of the Regulars

I wore a pair of Aldo Benyo boots for about a year and a half straight before the right boot totally fell apart, as in the sole fell off the boot haha.
    At the time I paid 180 I think.
    They are now at about 100 bucks...

Oh yeah, plus 30 bucks for a heel repair.

5. cbrunt

Lonny, thanks for the info. Upon receiving them I'll look 'em over. If they really are baloney as Matt says- combined with your input- well, I'm not to proud to return them! I did see good reviews on an couple Indy-related posts/forums which is where I saw them referenced.

Clint

6. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

I must be missing something but I find nothing attractive about the design of Alden 405s and cannot understand their hipness...

7. Fletch

Fletch I'll Lock Up

It's what was in the movies. I think that's all. It's an imprimatur of man-style. :D

8. mattfink

mattfink Practically Family

I owned a pair of Aldo shoes in the early 90's...worst ever and overpriced.

9. cbrunt

"I must be missing something but I find nothing attractive about the design of Alden 405s and cannot understand their hipness..."

Pal, I agree- you have missed something.

10. Shiloh John

Shiloh John New in Town

11. djgo-cat-go

djgo-cat-go Practically Family

Hey, but check these out, well worn, and the replacement sole/heel make it a very nice shoe:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not mine, sadly...

12. Shiloh John

Shiloh John New in Town

dj go cat! These are very cool brother.