Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargents Exclusive range - Moore model

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
For the past 10 years I`ve worn Crocket and Jones Handgrades, and only just thrown out two pairs due to the creases having worn through due to damage to the leather. I did not use shoe creams, only Kiwi wax, and I guess this dried the leather out.

I recently made contact again with Sarah at shoesnorthampton.com, and found that they were now dealing in Alfred Sargents new collection, the Exclusive collection.

The price was lower than the C&J Handgrades, but Sarah ensured me of the quality.

I gee them a try, and with the free postage (air mail), Tax reduction, and nominal customs value, I thought I could not go wrong.

What a surprise!

Arrived today - a wonderful pair of English handmade shoes!

DSC_8725.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I did hear or read that AS have taken some G&G artisans into their factory, and hence the resemblance of their MTO range...

A very fine shoe for the price...

Last edited:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
A follow up after my first week:

The shoes are much lighter than I expected - the sole seems quite light and flexible, although I read they do use oak bark tanned leather. If it`s tough too that would be a great mix. I agree with shoesnorthampton that the Alfred Sargent Exclusive width runs larger - that is that their F is equivalent to the usual English E (C&J, for example).

One big issue I had is that on my left foot the leather flap under the bottom of the tongue on the inside of the shoe started digging into my foot, and even through my sock caused the skin on the upper part of my big toe to peel off - ouch! I consider this a big negative in terms of finishing detail. Ive given them in to a shoe repairer to get this glued down - I`ll have to see how long this will hold. Failing that, a leather patch has to be placed on the inside and I consider this a big negative. My C&J never had this issue, nor for that matter any other shoe...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda