Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All of a sudden.... she woke up!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Fanch
I do understand where the back and forth humor is 'coming from' concerning the topic of this thread..but guess I am shaking my head more at the approach of diverting things around the headmaster of the household..than bewilderment at collecting what some might consider obsessive luxury items. As far as a self described bargain master lecturing dumbbells coming across as quite ludicrous and boring...I totally agree.
HD

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I don't see why I'm supposed to be the 'dumbbell' because I can afford to just order a custom jacket. I never once wished I'd saved a few hundred dollars by spending months messing around with 'bargains'- I just did what most of us do: get what I want.

Peacoat

Bartender
Anyhow, this thread did make me smile, as opposed to a couple of other threads on TFL that did not. No fun at all to read about someone’s “bargains” and how we are all a bunch of dumbbells for not doing same. [huh]

Fanch, this comment is sufficient to get you placed on "Ignore List" along with HD, Pawineguy, me and probably a few others.

Stand By

One Too Many
. I only discovered this when I was looking at A-2s a few nights back and she said, airily, "Don't you have one of those already?"

I totally understand an airy comment like that!
My girlfriend recently saw the photos that I'd taken of me in my ANJ-3 and boy, I knew what was coming - and she asked me who took them? I said that I did - and then she asked why - and I said pleasantly that they were for the fellas on The Fedora Lounge as we all like to share photos of jackets and I know they'd like to see this one of mine ... she couldn't believe that there was even such a thing as a forum such as this, and furthermore that anyone who spend any time on it!
And, unimpressed, her last words on the subject were: "I wish you'd make some real friends ..." ! LOL!

And so, here I am, as usual, starting my day at work with a coffee and looking in on everyone here.
Good morning, guys! Nice to see you! :) LOL ...

Last edited:

MacAero

New in Town
Still being the noob I'm in this fascinating forum this has been the most enjoyable thread I've read until now. And I've read'em all up to the 200s... So please forgive me when I bump this thread up again

LOL. Waiting for two more Aeros I pulled the trigger at - one from Sweden, a brown FQHH highwayman, the other one a perfectly worn in front button HB aka Maxwell from the Aero used department... can literally hear my wife's comments...

w/warm regards from the Taunus hills in Ol'Germany
Roland aka MacAero

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Glad to have you aboard MacAero!!!! Welcome to the insanity!. I'm glad you found this thread entertaining (and maybe a little helpful) and I wish nothing but good fortune and fine jackets.... Please post photo's and reviews of your recent purchases when you get a chance.

Once again... welcome.

Worf

pawineguy

One Too Many
Still being the noob I'm in this fascinating forum this has been the most enjoyable thread I've read until now. And I've read'em all up to the 200s... So please forgive me when I bump this thread up again

LOL. Waiting for two more Aeros I pulled the trigger at - one from Sweden, a brown FQHH highwayman, the other one a perfectly worn in front button HB aka Maxwell from the Aero used department... can literally hear my wife's comments...

Roland aka MacAero

Welcome Roland! It's good to be able to share these stories with those who share the same passion or disease... all depends on your perspective.

I think my missus is actually happy we're broke as me not buying jackets > not having any money whatsoever.

And yep, welcome MacAero!

nick123

I'll Lock Up

Roland aka MacAero

My favorite thread on here was where JLStorm had that jacket delivered on Christmas, and everyone was prying him to open the box, but he insisted on waiting until after dinner. Lol.

Welcome!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well I'm poking the bear again (even more if my wife ever hears I referred to her as a bear lol)

I decided that my Diamond Dave Buco J100 didn't fit like I wanted it too and as a result I didn't find myself ever wearing it despite loving Buco J100's.

It was my fault, I shouldn't have messed with the base pattern measurements. So I've sold that off (it went so quickly on eBay at the BIN price I think I should have asked for more....but thats another story)

Anyway I've decided to go with Dave again, this time in Black Shinki leather. It should be here in about 3-4 weeks. He now sizes with you providing body measurement instead of like last time where I'm sure I gave the jacket measurements I wanted, or at least some of them.

Now the agreement I have with my wife is that I won't get any more jackets....the technicality as I understand it, is I can sell and replace them as long as I don't get "more", so while I'm sticking to the self imposed limits....I'm not sure how spending more money on a jacket I already had would go down......I don't plan on finding out lol

dnjan

One Too Many
I'm retired while my wife is still working, so I am usually home to get deliveries.
However, we had an "issue" with UPS a few years ago - they claimed the package was delivered but we didn't receive it.
So now, any UPS deliveries need to be signed for. OK, no problem ...
But, UPS sends out an e-mail notice warning of the impending delivery. Unfortunately (for me), my wife had registered a home UPS account, and she gets the UPS e-mail notification no matter who the delivery is for. So I will get an e-mail from my wife saying "there is a UPS delivery coming tomorrow - what are you expecting?

Hate those retailers that will only use UPS!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Well I'm poking the bear again (even more if my wife ever hears I referred to her as a bear lol)

I decided that my Diamond Dave Buco J100 didn't fit like I wanted it too and as a result I didn't find myself ever wearing it despite loving Buco J100's.

It was my fault, I shouldn't have messed with the base pattern measurements. So I've sold that off (it went so quickly on eBay at the BIN price I think I should have asked for more....but thats another story)

Anyway I've decided to go with Dave again, this time in Black Shinki leather. It should be here in about 3-4 weeks. He now sizes with you providing body measurement instead of like last time where I'm sure I gave the jacket measurements I wanted, or at least some of them.

Now the agreement I have with my wife is that I won't get any more jackets....the technicality as I understand it, is I can sell and replace them as long as I don't get "more", so while I'm sticking to the self imposed limits....I'm not sure how spending more money on a jacket I already had would go down......I don't plan on finding out lol

That's kind of where I am right now... she never tried to shut me down but I sensed I was pushing my luck so I sell one before buying another. Always best to keep the peace pro-actively.

dan_t

Practically Family
Uh oh.....

I have just received the notification that a 'parcel' has been scanned with the courier for delivery today. That's not the bad part, it's the fact that I haven't yet got my story straight for my Wife.
I most certainly wouldn't call it lying, it's more about maintaining a wonderfully balanced marriage. After all, we will be celebrating 13 years together at the end of this month & I don't want to rock the boat too vigorously!!!

dnjan

One Too Many
can't you just get the email address changed to yours?
As far as I can tell, no. She is listed with UPS as the primary contact for our address, and I would need to get her to change it.
Wouldn't that set off the alarm bells ...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Sigh.... and so the struggle continues..... Battle rages on all fronts, Europe, Asia.. even here in the Continental U.S. Oh the humanity! As I said in my OP "Dese are de conditions dat prevail!"

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy