Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All of a sudden.... she woke up!

thor

Call Me a Cab
Ahh, this a very familiar scenario for most of us Worf. I can certainly commiserate with you my friend. Maybe the wives/girlfriends/significant others of FL members should be the ones getting the professional help? They could all share stories about how their husbands/boyfriends/significant others spend too much money buying and WAY too much time "researching" leather jackets.

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Great that you keep bringing a light hearted side to the Lounge Worf :eusa_clap
Simple solution to the problem ... build a hidden storeroom , like Stewie has for his weapons of mass destruction in Family Guy ..

strokes1251

Practically Family
ahh, this a very familiar scenario for most of us worf. I can certainly commiserate with you my friend. Maybe the wives/girlfriends/significant others of fl members should be the ones getting the professional help? They could all share stories about how their husbands/boyfriends/significant others spend too much money buying and way too much time "researching" leather jackets.
+1 lol

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just tell my wife its jackets or Hookers and Blow.....gotta spend it on something.

Strangely enough she seems happier with jackets than the other option.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
This has been a fantastic thread, bringing smiles from everyone, even from the barkeeps. :D Thanks Worf! :thumb:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's not so much as whether it's 'another' leather jacket with my other half, it's whether or not it could construed as being 'the same' as another. I only discovered this when I was looking at A-2s a few nights back and she said, airily, "Don't you have one of those already?" Now, I could've gone into a long explanation about contracts, fits, hides, colours, collar stands, stitching, sleeve heads etc, but instead I just smiled and said 'Mmm? Oh, not this particular one' and went back to my 'research'...

triple-d

A-List Customer
It's not so much as whether it's 'another' leather jacket with my other half, it's whether or not it could construed as being 'the same' as another. I only discovered this when I was looking at A-2s a few nights back and she said, airily, "Don't you have one of those already?" Now, I could've gone into a long explanation about contracts, fits, hides, colours, collar stands, stitching, sleeve heads etc, but instead I just smiled and said 'Mmm? Oh, not this particular one' and went back to my 'research'...

LOL....Bingo.....many times, less is better!!!!

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
Since the kids no longer away wasting my money in college... he's commuting now, my disposable income has... shall we say, reached a new level. I'm in that wonderful zone now where if I see's a jacket or coat, I just buy it or order it. The ole lady's working on her doctorate, Junior (no I didn't name him after me) is off in his own world, and I've been free to get and open UPS and Postal packages at will with nary a question asked. It's been heaven... However, as we all know "all good things must come to an end".

Puddin' decided to have some of her students over (she's already teaching some labs at the local Uni) for a little hen party. I was out and about. When I got home I found her fumin' and foamin'.

"I try to have some people over and there's barely a free seat in the house! Leather jackets everywhere. I go to put them in the closet and there's no room! Once I got it open I could barely close the door! How many coats and jackets does one man need? Is this some new fetish??? Do you need to see someone about it?"

It went on like this for some time. Once the initial assault was over it settled into a series of running battles. I, of course, foolishly pointed out that she had 6 closets to my 2! I also retorted how she has clothes with tags on em that HAVE NEVER BEEN WORN! I did come to my senses however and did not point out that she also has wardrobes for the 3 or 4 dress sizes she's put on since she started this whole Doctoral thing. I may be brash but I'm not stupid.

Sigh... so now I'm back to sneaking and peeking. I managed to get a Viet Nam era N3-B in the house (wearing it today) before the naval blockade started. But hey... these is the conditions that pervail!

Worf

LOL, your living my life, to include her myriad of slacks, jeans, blouses, shoes, purses, etc. which are still tagged. Although i have 20 something coats and jackets (most of which i wear) my cumlative expenditure doesn't equal what she has blown on shoes, boots and purses. i've also tumbled to the fact that once i get them into the house working them into my rotation isn't difficult, trick is getting them into the house.

She has threatened to have me committed if she does find any new outerware.

Oh well. when the going gets tough the tough get going.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Luckily for me, my wife has a massive thing for Vivienne Westwood, which means that she's not really in a position to criticize my shopping habits, and on the rare occasion when she can't understand why I buy so many jackets that look the same to her, I can quiet her with a pair of shoes exactly the same size and style as ones she already has, but in a different color.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Perhaps there should be a support group thread for the frustrated wives. My old lady could use it.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Dave, you need to tell her something like this:

"I have a passion. It might be weird, but it keeps me happy and content." Hopefully she'll understand it.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Also, show her your mention on the Aero Thunderbay profile. I'm sure she'll at least be pleased to see that!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Since the kids no longer away wasting my money in college... he's commuting now, my disposable income has... shall we say, reached a new level. I'm in that wonderful zone now where if I see's a jacket or coat, I just buy it or order it. The ole lady's working on her doctorate, Junior (no I didn't name him after me) is off in his own world, and I've been free to get and open UPS and Postal packages at will with nary a question asked. It's been heaven... However, as we all know "all good things must come to an end".

Puddin' decided to have some of her students over (she's already teaching some labs at the local Uni) for a little hen party. I was out and about. When I got home I found her fumin' and foamin'.

"I try to have some people over and there's barely a free seat in the house! Leather jackets everywhere. I go to put them in the closet and there's no room! Once I got it open I could barely close the door! How many coats and jackets does one man need? Is this some new fetish??? Do you need to see someone about it?"

It went on like this for some time. Once the initial assault was over it settled into a series of running battles. I, of course, foolishly pointed out that she had 6 closets to my 2! I also retorted how she has clothes with tags on em that HAVE NEVER BEEN WORN! I did come to my senses however and did not point out that she also has wardrobes for the 3 or 4 dress sizes she's put on since she started this whole Doctoral thing. I may be brash but I'm not stupid.

Sigh... so now I'm back to sneaking and peeking. I managed to get a Viet Nam era N3-B in the house (wearing it today) before the naval blockade started. But hey... these is the conditions that pervail!

Worf

Mate, back when I hand brake, I would get stuff delivered to my brothers house. I would go and say Gday, wear it home, leave the other one in the car.......I also used to stash gear in the golf bag....been single for several years now....and life gets better every day.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters