Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL ORIGINAL Irvin RAF type Jackets - Loving that Wolf in sheeps' clothing!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah I'm just waiting for Andrew's definitive book to come out...which would actually be pretty amazing, and maybe more than just us Fedora Lounge nerds would buy it. Would it be a large coffee-table type photo-journal? Or more compact with lots of written history? I know that I never get tired of seeing pictures of people's Irvins, that's for sure.

Thank you for your kind works. It would be be the latter type of book, but with plenty of pictures.

Ernest

New in Town
My Irvin jacket

Hi, I bought this from its original owner, Flight Sargent Manwaring, in 1977 who served in the 1948 Berlin airlift at RAF transport command.
I'd love to hear if anyone knows any information.

20121008_181257-small.jpg

20121008_181715-small.jpg

20121008_181402-small.jpg

20121008_181757-small.jpg

aswatland

I have only seen electrically wired jackets from this 1939 IAC contract. This jacket may be a mid '30s jacket that has been refurbished by IAC under the B24376/39/C.1 contract. The skin side appears to have been re-coated in a dark seal shade. The fleece is typical of mid 30s IAC jackets.

aswatland

I would be interested in seeing some close up pictures of the jacket, such as of the collar back, the single trunnion Dot zips and of the slider box and belt buckle. The very earliest IAC jackets had an unmarked slider buckets, like my 1933 Irvin before they were stamped Dot Made in England and Dot British.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21