Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I crazy for booking a trip to Japan? Dec 2022 - Jan 2023

Colin G

One Too Many
Fuel prices are going up and I had some points to use so I just booked a trip to Japan from Dec 15, 2022 - Jan 2, 2023.

I am hoping Corona won't be a real issue and Japan will be open for tourists by then. Fingers crossed.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Travel broadens the mind, as we say here.
So as long as you don’t fly or stop over Russia you could spend your money way worse imho.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
obviously Take out travelers insurance in case circumstances occur outside your control... but I'd go tomorrow if I could.

Last edited:

Colin G

One Too Many
obviously Take out travelers insurance in case circumstances occur outside your control... but I'd go tomorrow if I could.

I rolled the dice that tourists will be able to enter by December and went for it. I can always postpose for a small fee but I'm hoping things will be good to go. I'll probably have to get a vaccine booster but I am hoping nothing more than that. The trip is ten months away but things can happen.

Japan was the last place I visited before lockdown and hopefully it will be the first place I visit post-covid.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Have fun on the trip Colin.

My wife and I went to Italy back in May between the second and third lock downs … the bonus was that Venice which is normally quite bustling, was quiet and calm.

Colin G

One Too Many
I need to book hotels asap. Can anyone recommend an area in Tokyo? I was looking at Hotels in Ginza which are nice and surprisingly affordable right now. I need to book in Kyoto and Osaka too but I've been to Osaka and will stay in Shinsaibashi or Namba area again.

steve u

A-List Customer
We always stayed near the Ueno Park Station in Tokyo. There's Business hotels very close and expensive ones also.
Ameyoko (across the street) has a lot of restaurants(night clubs) and shops (clothes shops too).
On the other side of the station are lots of motorcycle shops. Check this link out..https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/leather-jacket-stores-in-tokyo.98985/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21