Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amelia Earhart clothing line ?

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
I am sure that most people are aware that A.E. had her own luggage line.
However, she also had a clothing line.
Both the luggae and closed were apparently designed by her or she a least had input into the designs.While working on the upcoming movie "Amelia" the waredrobe people asked me if I had ever come across any original clothing from her line. They were looking for examples to duplicate.
Having never know of the lines existance, I had not.
She had a line of flying clothing and womans clothing.
Question: Has anyone out there ever come across items from her clothing line and or does anyone own such items.
I have one round womans travel case from the A.E. line but it was made in the 1970's . He luggage line lasted long after her.

Thanks
Fleet16b

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Hm...
doesnt ring a bell. Perhaps she endorsed a range? Lots of celebrities did in the Sears catalogue, but never heard of her own line.

Have you tried some of the old trade directories?

K

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
Kitty

Apparently she did have her own signature line.
While in the wardrobe Dept. I did seem some pics of examples
As for her Flight clothing, all of it was custom made for her.

thanks

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Strive for Quality luggage, you never know where you may end up

53airhardtluggage.jpg

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I know that the Amelia Earhardt range of luggage must have been 50s/60s as my mum still has the vanity case, was the clothing licensed after her death as well?

Good luck with this one, I always loved her style.....I think there'd be a few buyers on here if you revamped it!lol

Loving your avatar by the way...

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Moving this to general Attire as it deserves greater attention - great thread.

(later: and deleted the duplicate in General attire that was already there)

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
Scotrace

Thanks for suggesting the move, as you know I am fairly new here.

Kitty thanks for the kind words about the avatar...the pic is of me just days after importing my 1940 Fleet Finch 16b.( I have owned her since 2003)
if it doesn't get cut you will see her in the movie " Amelia" coming out this Oct.

A. E. had some really great aviation clothing. It s said that her husband , who was quick to manipulate her image any way he could had a clothing line started.
It seems that it must have not been made in great volume as I know of only a few items that exist.
FYI as her flying double( hilary Swank) a Belstaff Flying jacket was made for me exactly like A.E. 's

Fleet16b

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland