Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

America In WWII Magazine

fudge_brownie

New in Town
The issue of America in WWII that we are talking about had a full page ad on the back cover announcing that the magazine is now available on NOOK. I checked out the NOOK website and did not find the magazine as yet.

Perhaps a few days too early?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The issue of America in WWII that we are talking about had a full page ad on the back cover announcing that the magazine is now available on NOOK. I checked out the NOOK website and did not find the magazine as yet.

Perhaps a few days too early?

Should be out on shelves by now. :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I've finally had a spare few minutes and just finished the article, Melissa. Very well done and a great topic to cover!

Thank you so much, Scotrace! Mary Lou is an absolute joy - she just started her part-time job again at the race tracks. 87 years old and still going strong!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I got my copy on Tuesday, and I've been reading an article per day (I pace myself otherwise I'd be through it in one sitting). I haven't gotten to your article yet (I didn't see this thread until now) but I'll check it out tomorrow!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Is she a relative? How did you stumble onto the story?

I subscribe to the magazine, Reminisce, and she had published some memories of her time in D.C. I was thrilled because I was writing a novel set in WW2 Washington D.C. and I thought she would be the perfect person to contact for research purposes. When I saw she lived in a town 80 miles from me, I was even more thrilled. I found her contact info and wrote her a letter, and she graciously agreed to be interviewed. I drove to her place one Saturday and had a delightful morning looking at pictures and listening to her stories. She is a ball of fire. What started out as an interview for research turned into an article.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I got my copy on Tuesday, and I've been reading an article per day (I pace myself otherwise I'd be through it in one sitting). I haven't gotten to your article yet (I didn't see this thread until now) but I'll check it out tomorrow!

Thank you!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
My second article for America in WWII magazine is now available on newsstands. This one is about Ed Reep, a World War 2 army combat artist who served in Italy. His job was to paint or sketch the war in whatever way he saw it.

He is still going strong at 94 and is an incredible human being. On the cover below, you can see the headline for it - "Artist Under Fire" on the top right corner.

august.jpg

pompier

Familiar Face
I've subscribed to this magazine for a couple of years now. What first interested me in it was the personal perspective that it focuses on. Have to agree with the others in that I've enjoyed your articles too, Melissa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran