Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Hat Company Para Panama Sz 7 1/2 Long Oval (NOS)

Purplesage

One Too Many
American Hat Company Para Panama in Mint condition (NOS). The hat has a 4" brim with 3/8" brown grosgrain binding and a 6" "Gus" crown which is wrapped in a 1 5/8" brown grosgrain ribbon. The hat comes with a large feather which I personally think looks good on it but I suppose that's a matter of personal preference. I wish it was my size since this one really keeps the sun out and is light weight. Comes in a Resistol Hat box. $199.99 shipped.

photo4-257_zpsf6b242cb.jpg

photo3-299_zpsb0976c17.jpg

photo4-253_zpsbee63818.jpg

photo3-295_zps7fa33b0f.jpg

photo5-130_zps621f6ba7.jpg

photo5-299_zpsd265aa3a.jpg

photo1-333_zps96b80199.jpg

photo3-298_zps26bf0fe8.jpg

photo2-268_zpsce81afda.jpg

photo5-311_zps1b8cf810.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh wow, this is a lot of hat! Never fails, my wallet is in the "mutiny mode". If it lives for another week....I can leap on this for my Husband, Daniel.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
LuvMyMan - It is a real sharp hat but way to big for my 7 1/8 - 7 1/4 head or I would keep it in a heart beat.

I know how you must feel. It is the same for us here, we see all those gems you have closer to your size, and then are forced to not buy. Then when you have something that would work, our bank is too tight! You can hear the checkbook screaming for help.

froguy

New in Town
Oh wow, this is a lot of hat! Never fails, my wallet is in the "mutiny mode". If it lives for another week....I can leap on this for my Husband, Daniel.

A lot of hat, indeed!! Don't think I could pull it off even if it was a few 8ths smaller. If you land it for your husband, I'd love to see photos of it being worn. Good luck!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I've already hocked the golden egg goose.....shoot. I do have some more shoes to sell, and one hat or another.

Not to see this just go "poof" into thin air, but I am amazed that Mike (Landman) has not seen this and grabbed it up already. However, I think he may be on vacation as I do not see him posting for a week or so?

There is so much about this hat to make it different. And in this exact "model" not anything you see waltzing around at all. Size. Anything approaching the 7 1/2 area of the hat universe seems to be harder to find something super nice, and.....that "look" this hat has. A Gus hat is not something normally my Husband would think of wearing, but this one...oh yeah!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh geez whiz, this is a LONG oval too! (calling the pawn shop and seeing what they will give me for my three dogs).....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24