Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Amazing Coincidence Today

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I was in line at Alaska Airlines at the Burbank airport when a familiar face sporting a fine lid approached. It wasb none other than Douglas!

He lives in NYC and I live in Vancouver, WA. What are the chances for us to run into each other in LA?

We sat and had a cup of coffee while catching up.

One of the many advantages of wearing a fine hat is that you nevet know who you will meet.
If I weren't wearing my lid, I would have missed out on seeing a friend.

Just another perk of being in the club. ;)

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I definitely agree with that. Every time I see another fedora wandering around town on someone's head, I now wonder if they are among the fellows of the Lounge. I even figure if I ever strike up a conversation with a fellow fedora-er, I'll try to induct them into the Lounge.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Damn! I live five minutes from BUR and I was there yesterday! Next time you're passing through...

And I was wondering where Douglas has been - no posts!

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
For a long time, everywhere I went when I was by myself, I bumped into someone I knew. Not just my friends, but friends of family, people who had only met me once, it was funny.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
happyfilmluvguy said:
For a long time, everywhere I went when I was by myself, I bumped into someone I knew. Not just my friends, but friends of family, people who had only met me once, it was funny.

LOL! This is my husband! EVERYWHERE we go he runs into someone he knows! We were on our honeymoon and one of our stops was Arches National Park.. he saw someone there. He would travel and see people on the planes. Doesn't matter where we are, a restaurant, grocery store, ect. Rather freaky.
Nikki

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Starius said:
Do fedora loungers have a secret handshake when we meet?
Some clandestine greeting like a 2 tugs on the hat brim followed by 3 hand shakes and a wink?

Or is it more like the dance of joy from Perfect Strangers?

I don't think I got the secret introduction packet when I joined the lounge...

You didn't? Man, when I joined the lounge, three suited men, an Italian, an Irishman and a Brit, came to my door, asked if I was 'Undertow' and proceed to beat me about the head and shoulders until I said uncle.

After my initiation, they stomped on my wool hat, brushed their hands and told me to invest in an Akubra Federation. [huh]

If I see any of you gents walking around with Fedoras (or any classic hat for that matter), don't be surprised if I accost you! I'm sure I'll run into a lounger one of these days.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Back when I should have been in college, all my friends from out of town were amazed that I knew people wherever we went. But hey, it is my hometown... of course I'll know people.

One time, I ran into a Gainesville friend on a train from Springfield, Ill to Chicago.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Peter Venkman's "World of the Psychic"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there more to this than meer coincidence???

Synchronicity?

Karma?

Fate?

Destiny?

Density? (As in "You are my...".)

Planets in alignment?

Whatever the reason, these fortuitous moments are special when they occur.

I was walking down a street in Youngsan Compound, Seoul, Korea a number of years ago and saluted a 1st Lieutenant. We both stopped and stared. He was one of my best friends in High School in VA. We hadn't seen one another in 5 years. One of the best odd moments in my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot