Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An immense amount of guilt

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
A rather timely thread. We have just updated our wills. The real property is to be sold to benefit the niece and nephew. Our personal property, is also to be sent to auction. The few things that way one would want can be purchased there. This way there is no muss, fuss, or worry for any potential heirs. I have cleaned out a sufficient number of estates to know how unpleasant the job can be, particularly when the decadents are pack rats, er, collectors.

Edward

Bartender
My little flat will be the most valuable thing I have left to leave to my brother's kids. Soon a they're old enough to realise just how valuable it could be to them (if propoerty prices keep going the way they have, even despite the downturns, they could both have a small house each in the old country if they shift it), I might have to start watching what they put in my tea. ;)

I understand the guilt thing. I have a plain, woolen scarf that belonged to my paternal grandfather, and which has gotten mothed on my watch. I'm hoping to have it properly repaired in due course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo