Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another great Schott jacket LC6301

Tefouane

A-List Customer
Made with great Cowhide leather. Faux fur removable collar. A great jacket at a ridiculous price. Only for European market I think...
eb9917f1fd926ef79147cde4c5405edf.jpg

5a68299018523d37b6c5cc697144eaed.jpg

4bc9727597aee858e09a0d0d1e02bfa5.jpg

a3d755f65903d39c72c9220783d0a05e.jpg

4956fc4914eeaec6dcf152bd03cb6f73.jpg

0480fc679ec8f089c502187924a01c70.jpg

Last edited:

Turtle77

New in Town
Not a fan of the european Schott brand. Huge gap in quality between those and the US made ones. Schott really has nothing to do with them, they only licensed their name to a european manufacturer and not a stitch is made by them. That is why they have such "ridiculous" prices...

Made with great Cowhide leather. Faux fur removable collar. A great jacket at a ridiculous price. Only for European market I think...
eb9917f1fd926ef79147cde4c5405edf.jpg

5a68299018523d37b6c5cc697144eaed.jpg

4bc9727597aee858e09a0d0d1e02bfa5.jpg

a3d755f65903d39c72c9220783d0a05e.jpg

4956fc4914eeaec6dcf152bd03cb6f73.jpg

0480fc679ec8f089c502187924a01c70.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not a fan of the european Schott brand. Huge gap in quality between those and the US made ones. Schott really has nothing to do with them, they only licensed their name to a european manufacturer and not a stitch is made by them. That is why they have such "ridiculous" prices...

This is why I will never touch a schott jacket. You never know which one you are getting outside of the USA, does anyone know if Australia gets the USA made or Euro ones? Is it clearly identified on the label as not made in the USA?

Tefouane

A-List Customer
Honestly, I have owned schott made in the USA and schott made elsewhere. On this one there is absolutely no way to make the difference. The material, the stitching, the finish are excellents. And for 245 euros it's a steal...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The main thing is you're happy with it . I quite like Schott but only a small percentage of their designs appeal to me. Unfortunately they are all too short for my build and taste. This style of Schott probably won't appeal to many members of this site as it is quite a modern hybrid, albeit with 1950's style piped pockets.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
This is why I will never touch a schott jacket. You never know which one you are getting outside of the USA, does anyone know if Australia gets the USA made or Euro ones? Is it clearly identified on the label as not made in the USA?

I've never seen Schott in Australia but on reflection it's been over five years since I went to the shops for browse. :eek:

Harris HTM

One Too Many
The us made schotts have a label specifying (actually advertizing) it.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I notice the price of some Schott jackets here on UK websites has ramped up over the last year or two. (I would hope if you are buying a 1k jacket from them you are getting something well made!)

But I don't know if this means they are importing some similar quality items as they sell in the US over here or if its just whoever the licensee making the euro jackets getting greedy. I agree with the other posters, the ones I've seen on the racks here over the years, and one I bought on ebay some years ago, have meant its a brand I've generally avoided, other than lusting over some of their stuff I see on Japanese websites.

You don't have to worry, the main line that's on the SchottNYC com is always made in the USA. In fact, I'm pretty sure no Schott Perfecto exists that hasn't been made in the USA. They never had this main stuff made overseas. Even the Japanese exclusive stuff is all made in the USA. Seriously, you can't go wrong with this.

90% of their clothes that hasn't been made in the USA are sold mostly retailers and it's actually a lot more difficult to find a Euro/Asia made Schott leather jacket than the USA one.

That, and Schott has never been bsing with their tags (like hiding the country or origin behind the size tag. . .). Their USA made stuff always has that "made in USA" tag with the USA flag. Everything else is tagged so that it's clearly indicated where the garment has been made.

By the way, the OP's jacket has been made in the USA.

Don't know if it's an older jacket but I do know that Schott did a lot of stuff that was exclusive for the European market but was all done in the US, from the same materials the regular stuff's been made.

And I think it fits you beyond perfect, Tefouane.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
By the way, the OP's jacket has been made in the USA.

Don't know if it's an older jacket but I do know that Schott did a lot of stuff that was exclusive for the European market but was all done in the US, from the same materials the regular stuff's been made.

And I think it fits you beyond perfect, Tefouane.
Are you sure about it? I think no lc-series is US made.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Well, it has the flag. I'm not sure sure as I can't see but if the flag says Made in USA, it's what it is. :)
I'm pretty confident that the flag there is only decorative (or deliberately confusing) and there's no "made in USA" tag. Perhaps the OP can post a detailed photo to verify this?
I think that all LC-series are made outside the US. I never owned but I have handled a couple of them and though they were well done, they were not close to the US made naked cowhide or steerhide. This is ofcourse reflected in the price.

I'm pretty confident that the flag there is only decorative (or deliberately confusing) and there's no "made in USA" tag. Perhaps the OP can post a detailed photo to verify this?
I think that all LC-series are made outside the US. I never owned but I have handled a couple of them and though they were well done, they were not close to the US made naked cowhide or steerhide. This is ofcourse reflected in the price.

You're right! I never saw ones with just the flag... They'd usually omit this tag.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-USA-Schott-Lederjacke-Grose-L-Fallt-M-/112499598696

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot