Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another poll - Interiors

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
I thought the thread on the age of members' houses was fascinating. Here's another question to ponder: - regardless of the age of your residence, what approximate percentage of your interior furnishings are old/vintage/antique vs. relatively new/modern?

Looking forward to reading!

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Probably about 75% is old, and about 25% is new. And the stuff which is new (with the exception of my cheap computer table) is all of a period style.

GraveRobberGreg

Familiar Face
We (the wife and I) have our family room named "The Travel Room". It has old things from all over the world. I guess it looks more Vintage then it really is but we love collecting. My wife just ordered a Retro style radio for the room yesterday and she cant wait for it to get here. When it arrives I will try and get a good pic of the room to post.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Marc! I'm so glad to see you posting again! I read that and said to myself, "That's so witty, who wrote that?" And then was not the least bit surprised when I saw your name!

I'm a mix match of eras spanning from the 1810's to the 1930's. My bed and two sidetables are Louis the something-th (early 1800s French), my vanity is 1930's, my desk is a Victorian secretary, then I have modern bookcases , a chair and Victorian style ottaman, and a computor desk (but I'm working on getting the modern out of my room!)

In the rest of my house I have primarily victorian to teens furniture, excluding my couch, dining room table, more bookcases, and display case (which aren't technically mine, they're my dad's that he left here).

Unfortunately our house is early 90's, so it doesn't look terribly authentic! I have great daydreams for it someday, though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner