Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any big guys with cafe jackets?

jhl1963

Familiar Face
I'm about 6'5 240 - wondering if the cafe racer is a bad idea? I'm not the leanest guy in the world but not
Overweight either. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm about 6'5 240 - wondering if the cafe racer is a bad idea? I'm not the leanest guy in the world but not

I don't see how could anyone go wrong with the cafe racer. If the cafe racer is what you want, get it. I am strongly against the crazy notion that some people cannot pull of certain styles of clothes. Wear what you want to wear and don't worry about it and it will always look great.

FWIW, I'm going to get one once I lose another 20lbs. Started at 6'-4", 245 - now 235. I think bigger guys look fine in them - as long as it's not being worn by a large gut.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Tbh I think most leather jackets look better on the bigger guys here. I'm dangerously skinny and may snap in half at any moment.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
The main thing is that it's dimensions are sized to accommodate your proportions. Nobody should wear a jacket they can't zip closed, regardless of style

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Tbh I think most leather jackets look better on the bigger guys here. I'm dangerously skinny and may snap in half at any moment.
This was my life for the first 25 years. Could not gain a pound to save my tail. Now at 195 and 6'1" and BMI of 27, it's not terrible, but shedding even 10 lbs seems like an impossibility. Enjoy this Nick ! :)

As for the OP's question about Cafe Racers, I would agree to go for it! You will not regret it, especially if you get a good one. I would strongly consider finding a used, Vintage one from a reputable manufacturer that was pre-loved (broken in) as it will cost a good bit less than a new one. Once you've worn it a while and decided you like it, then you can look at a more expensive new one. These guys are right, it's a simple, flexible dsign that just plain works. I have one and wear it nearly 50% of the time, the rest of the time it's a half-belt. Plus it draws no odd glances wearing it into a professional office setting for work. So find one and enjoy. Check your sleeve and torso lenghts closly, many of the older ones had shorter sleeves and especially torso lengths.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely no reason not to get one, just get the right size for you that fits. The only time they don't look good is when a big guy tries to squeeze into a jacket that's too small for him.

jhl1963

Familiar Face
Thanks guys - I'm going to be visiting Alan/JL shortly to make sure it's the right size.

JVanBro

Familiar Face
The classic design looks just as good across the entire size range. If you ride just make sure you get a good fit for your arms so when you're gripping handlebars the cuffs aren't visiting your elbows.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As above..go for it!!! I'm not small and love mine :) Found an XXL 60's Brookes that fitted.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Maybe not as big as you, but close. I'm 6'2" 235#.

Size 46 Vanson Comet PLU-3 with two shirts, a sweater and a North Face Windstopper vest layered underneath.

I think it looks ok.

IMG_3136.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21