Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

any help?

D00R

One of the Regulars
I wanted to pick up a new hat be my second..
I really like the Borsalino Alessandria.
but two problems, the price and the availability.

i saw an alessandria for $300 in nyc, jj hats. but they only have black and brown.

I saw a hat shop online i forget the name, and they had the color i wanted Pearl grey (light grey) for $250, but it has to be custom made and shipped from italy. i'm worried about it not fitting properly.

I saw some Campdrafts on this messageboard.

is the campdraft similar to the alessandria? in height and brim size? I want a new hat for a good price and in the light Grey color.:eek:

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Hi D00R,
Buy the Borsalino at the same place as you did last time -from us!! We carry the hat in six colors . PM me and I will give you all of the information.

Steven
The home of thousands of Borsalino hats:eek:

RBH

Bartender
You can get a Carbon Grey Campdraft by special order from here.
http://shop.valleycountry.com.au/catalogue/category1/category13/category54/product334
They are super to deal with and will be glad to answer any question you may have. That said it took me about 3 months to get mine and it was not a special order.
The stats on mine are
4 1\8 front of crown [ c-crown bash]
4 1\2 back of crown
2 7\8 brim

The Campdraft is a great hat for the money, I like the taller crown and wide brim that it has .
Hope this helps you out, good luck in your search.

D00R

One of the Regulars
hrm, all they seem to have is taupe and silver belly. the price is great though. but not the color want :(

D00R

One of the Regulars
ahh i understand now..

heres the alessandria by peters bros. special order from italy for 250

ashgreysmclearep7.gif

BORSALINO ALESSANDRIA MADE IN ITALY
CUSTOM MADE FOR PETERS BROS WITH OPEN CROWNS
THAT CAN BE STYLED IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS AND 2-3/4" BOUND EDGE BRIMS

Hrm...i think the campdraft's carbon gray is a dark gray..

I think i'm just going to have to penny up the dough and hope it fits and buy the borsalino in the light gray.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
besdor said:
Hi D00R,
Buy the Borsalino at the same place as you did last time -from us!! We carry the hat in six colors . PM me and I will give you all of the information.

Steven
Can you pm me a link?

S

Samsa

D00R said:
I think i'm just going to have to penny up the dough and hope it fits and buy the borsalino in the light gray.

Why not have Art make you a replica in whatever color you want? If you're going to be spending that kind of dough, it seems a custom made hat would be the way to go.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Door
I want a new hat for a good price and in the light Grey color

I've picked up two Stetson's in grey over the past month at the Stetson Outlet Store in Garland, TX. They were each $59.95. One is a Genuine Beaver Pinnacle in Caribou (medium to light grey), The other is also in Caribou. It is a Soverign Temple. Understand that the Beaver is a finer felt than the Soverign and the quality lessens from there.
They also clean, steam and shape, bag, and box the hat for you. It really doesn't get better than this.

If you're interested, PM me, I may be able to help you.
Don't forget that gas, shipping, etc. have a cost. If I can help, this will probably cost $100.00-$125.00. Still, that's a lot less than you're looking at from other sources. :)

D00R

One of the Regulars
Hi carter, i saw a beaver one in that color in the city, im not to fond of wearing a long fur beaver hat...id rather have a felt.

hi samsa, it gets really pricey for a custom hat, i was told to do that before i picked up my first borsalino but opted not to,.

Aaron Hats

Vendor
besdor said:
Hi D00R,

Steven

Ditto.

Why buy a Borsalino from anywhere else but the world's largest Borsalino retailer?

Aaron

D00R

One of the Regulars
is the largest Borsalino retailer the one in New York City or the store located in Brooklyn Ny? this website censors stores names..

analogist

One of the Regulars
Borsalinos by the carload

DOOR;

The world's largest and best priced Borsalino dealer is in BROOKLYN NY.
They have two locations but the one in Williamsburg has Allesandrias in EVERYcolor. I even own about five of them and am most fond of Fawn and grey. I even have a black one with black brim binding and a brown ribbon and it looks super.

I started going there as an off-the-street customer and have developed a very fine friendship with the proprietors and staff.

Fine store with a staggering selection.

analogist

D00R

One of the Regulars
I went to the Brooklyn store in burrow park on 13th avenue if i'm not mistaken. They were very nice to me there, let me try on as many hats as i wanted to find the one that i liked. I ended up walking out with a hat i never new about recommended to me from a nice guy there.
They had a borsalino alessandria there but they didn't have it in a light grey,. That is what i was going to get but ended up with the brown Tortona. they do have the best prices.
Do they have an alessandria in a light grey?
that sounds sweet the ribbon change on a dark hat. when i was trying on a black alessandria, i just thought it was to black, and i didn't want another brown hat. But i questioned about throwing a different color ribbon on there, someone also had a different colored tapered brim to added to a hat on this message board that made the black hat look pretty cool.

analogist

One of the Regulars
Borsalinos Galore

DOOR;

Williamsburg is the answer. Many hats, many colors and just a short walk from Peter Luger's, fantastic bagels, and Fornino, "the art and science of Pizza.

analogist

D00R

One of the Regulars
analogist said:
DOOR;

Williamsburg is the answer. Many hats, many colors and just a short walk from Peter Luger's, fantastic bagels, and Fornino, "the art and science of Pizza.

analogist

I hope they have it. the other store was adamant about not carrying a lighter grey alessandria. I'll give them a call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner