Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone heard of Oleg Cassini?

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
Was out thrift store shopping a couple of weeks ago at a local Salvation Army Store that was having a half off sale on all winter clothing. I found a tan, short lenth trench coat that fit perfect (46L) marked 9.99 on the half off rack. So, for five bucks I bagged the coat. I've never heard of Oleg Cassini and it may not be vintage, but still a nice find to me. Just wondering if anyone here may be familiar with the brand. I haven't taken any photos of it yet.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Oleg Cassini was mainly a high end dress designer but in his latter years he licensed his name to just about everything under the sun, mostly middle market stuff. An OC trench would probably be comparable in quality to a London Fog.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Oleg Cassini anecdote

My in laws were in the fashion business many years ago, and they knew Cassini pretty well. They were dining at a restaurant in New York once, and Oleg saw them a few tables away. He stuck his thumbs in his ears and wagged his fingers at them and said "Hi, Sam!" He was a pretty down to earth guy, for all the fancy schmancy associations, apparently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot