Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know whats going on with COW?

Michaelson

One Too Many
Man oh man, you folks have been hammered this winter. We have had a few flurries, and threat of ice, but that's been it to date. Regards. Michaelson

Dalexs

Practically Family
A) Mots of the snow in the driverway is gone.
B) The worst part right now is that there is still ALOT of snow on the ground
and it has been getting into the 40's lately. So we have these big meltdowns, then it freezes ovenight...
I actually attempted to wear my Aldens the other day...
BIG mistake... after sliding down to the school crosswalk with my kid,
I decided to change into a more appropiate show.

And yes, I have heard there is more snow on the way, again, eek.

:(
My beloved Club Obi Wan is down!! No!! You see, I have become obsessed with site! I log on about maybe 10 times a day, and maybe post 4 times a day.

Does anyone have any info on when the site will be back up? (Delexs, Segei?)
:cry: Oh, come back COW!

(BTW - this is my first post here! I hope I get as much aquainted with this site as I have with COW....) :p

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Dalexs said:
...And yes, I have heard there is more snow on the way, again, eek.

This from The Weather Channel.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD AREAS TO THE NORTH OF THE MASSACHUSETTS TURNPIKE WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING. TOTAL STORM ACCUMULATIONS MAY RANGE FROM 10 TO 18 INCHES BY THE TIME THE STORM COMES TO END IN THIS REGION.

Now THAT'S New England Weather.

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
Hey gang,

The issue with COW seems to be a bandwidth usage issue. We're is looking into it now, but we may have to do some finagling to get things back.

But not to worry, COW... and IG will be back (hopefully) shortly.

Mike

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Welcome all you folks from the COW site. We have lots of Indy folks here who love the hats and the gear. We have all sorts of threads and it is always exciting for us to get some new faces.

Hope your beloved site gets itself back into service again; meanwhile, we are happy to see you and read your queries and stories.

karol

Michaelson

One Too Many
Actually, KD, a lot of the folks that are posting here have been registered at FL since it's creation, but under other names. So, they come and go, but haven't posted here as much.

Matt, I'm hearing tons of visiters, and not enough bandwidth to hold the load, but then I'm hearing this second hand.

Regards. Michaelson

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
At least IG is up. Now for COW.

So what is it? too many pictures or too many posters?

That's what we're trying to figure. But as Michaelson stated, we suspect it's volume of users. Better that we close it down ourselves while we figure it than to have the host shut it down again and have to deal with that fiasco again.

Mike

Sergei

Gone Home
android said:
What is the non-bovine meaning of COW?

COW = "Club Obi Wan"

Club Obi Wan was a bar in the Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom opening sequence. Indygear.com was formed several years ago, with the companion forum site called "Club Obi Wan".
20031104_1_bg.jpg

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
Matt,

This time it's down by choice. We didn't want to get slapped with another bandwidth overusage and shut down again by the host, so we did it ourselves.

On a brighter note, we've signed up with a new hosting service and are now in the process of transferring everything over. I hope to have COW back up and running by the end of the week.

Mike

Well, it looks like everyone has to re-register huh?

Well, I've already sent in my for already. Looks like even the top posters are gonna be back to zero...it's really sad for me to see COW in this state....oh well...

I really am suffering from COW withdrawl.......I mean, this is how I look right now - :confused:

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow

Andiana148 said:
Well, it looks like everyone has to re-register huh?

Well, I've already sent in my for already. Looks like even the top posters are gonna be back to zero...it's really sad for me to see COW in this state....oh well...

I was having lunch today and we discussed the internet issue and bandwidth. I had not truly understood it. As it was explained to me, every log on and every post uses bandwidth. So the "nice hat", "I agree"..and so on posts clog the system. And I was told that the "owner" of the site, is usually out of pocket to the tune of a couple hundred bucks every month!!

So, I am just glad to have COW coming back, as it is nice to visit this site, and other sites. There are "cross over" members on all, and most all great folks.

I won't care if the "top posters" stuff is lost. The number of posts are meaningless. The members and Moderators know who you and I and everyone else is. That is what is so special. We truly are good folks gathering to chat as friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo