Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone like Round Crowns?

Havana

One of the Regulars
My wife keeps pushing me to go with a telescopic crown. I've tried some on when I've had the chance and she says it looks better than the pinched C-crowns that I've always worn. I can't imagine wearing a crown with no dents at all. To me the creasing (or bash) really defines the hat in many ways. Also, I generally go with a 2.75 or 3" brim in a town hat. I'm not sure if such a crown would look good or not with a wider brim. Akubra does have some nice offerings in this style. Any thoughts on the telescopic, pork pie, round crown, or whatever you want to call it type of style?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'd LOVE to get my hands on a porkpie like cary grant sports in The Philadelphia Story!

(But I would not like to have a pointy hunting cap thingy...:))

carter

I'll Lock Up
deanglen said:
It really depends on the hat you're going to use it on. iI works quite well with a variety of hats. Try it and see.
dean

Dean, WHAT is that on your head?

Originally posted by HAVANA
Any thoughts on the telescopic, pork pie, round crown, or whatever you want to call it type of style?

Telescopic and Porkpie are similar but not the same. Open Crowns can be terrific.
Here's a Stetson Continental that I like to wear with a slightly indented flat crown.
1818408817_19c01b6750.jpg

Find a look that suits you and go for it! :D

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I like my Akubra Flinders quite a bit. It is lower profile, has a broad brim, and doesn't seem to call to mind any of the usual comments from the unappreciative naked head crowd. I have it in the sand color, which is nice and light for the desert. It is stiff, though! I'm thinking of taking some denatured alcohol to it and softnening it up a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24