Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone order from Holland and Sherry

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Has anyone placed an order for woolens with Holland and Sherry? I sent an inquiry to their American contact by email a few days ago and haven't gotten any response. Do they sell direct to the public?

Thanks!

Honey Doll

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Honey Doll said:
I sent an inquiry to their American contact by email a few days ago and haven't gotten any response.
Give them a ring at 800 223 6385.

benstephens

Practically Family
Yes, Mackenzies of Piccadilly do stock Holland and Sherry, and they will order what ever you want. I can never give Mackenzies enough praise, they are very good!

Ben

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Any other recommendations?

Thank you for the assistance!

Are there any other sources for quality wool suiting that I should also consider?

Honey Doll

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
May I ask what you intend to do with this cloth?

The reason I ask is that if it's for a home project a local tailor may let you peruse his books/bolts and buy through him. It's really best to see and handle cloth (by swatch or preferably on the bolt) before you buy.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
May I ask what you intend to do with this cloth?

The reason I ask is that if it's for a home project a local tailor may let you peruse his books/bolts and buy through him. It's really best to see and handle cloth (by swatch or preferably on the bolt) before you buy.

I am intending to make a jacket. I didn't consider going to a local tailor as I don't have any relationship with any.

HD

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Honey Doll said:
I am intending to make a jacket. I didn't consider going to a local tailor as I don't have any relationship with any.
HD, I know of several instances where bespoke tailors and shirtmakers have been very generous with DIYers on matters of acquiring fabric, trim and most importantly knowledge.

Also, I just noticed that you reside in the same town as Hickey-Freeman which uses more top quality fabric than any U.S. maker (outside of Oxxford, an IAG stablemate of H&S). If you make nice with them, they might let you pick from their end bolts. ;)

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
HD, I know of several instances where bespoke tailors and shirtmakers have been very generous with DIYers on matters of acquiring fabric, trim and most importantly knowledge.

Also, I just noticed that you reside in the same town as Hickey-Freeman which uses more top quality fabric than any U.S. maker (outside of Oxxford, an IAG stablemate of H&S). If you make nice with them, they might let you pick from their end bolts. ;)

Thanks Tomasso

We do have some wonderful, top-notch tailoring shops here in Rochester. I'd feel a bit bold walking in and asking for fabric favors though. My bil had a bespoke suit done over the summer, the design taken from a photo of Sean Connery as James Bond...perhaps I can ask him to make an introduction to his tailor for me.

Honey Doll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner