Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone with a corduroy lined jacket?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Fanch has a jacket lined with cord, and I know he rates it highly for use during Texas summers.
I almost had my Teamster body lined with cord but went with moleskin instead. I wish I could wear my leather jackets during Texas summers but thus far only summers in Norway north of the arctic circle. :cool:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone figured out how to PM? I'm still working on posting images.
2015-04-10 15.58.38.jpg

Sockeye

One of the Regulars
Basically looking to outfit an aero for DC weather. Alpaca was too itchy and shearling is too much. I'm left with moleskin, corduroy or the heavy stroke for the body, and either moleskin or cord for the sleeves.

The weight of the cord is a good point, hadn't considered it.

Anybody else with any of these linings in the cold weather (not Texas cold!)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Why not go with one of the Tartan wools for the body and corduroy for the sleeves. I have corduroy in a couple of my sleeves and like it.
How about corduroy body lining and either cotton drill or even cotton sateen sleeves for ease of use?

Peacoat

Bartender
One thing I have found with corduroy in the sleeves is that it is a little thicker lining and takes up more space so there isn't as much air transfer as with thinner linings, such as cotton drill.

Sockeye will be wearing his jacket in D.C. which can get cold in the Winter, colder than what a thin to medium wool lined leather jacket can protect against. The corduroy in the sleeves will give a bit more warmth than the other available linings.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I tend to take the view that a slightly lighter lining lets you layer for warmth and gives more flexibility. But if the OP is looking for something warmer than cord, then either Strome weight tartan or a blanket lining to get the full benefit.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I've just been given a full length leather double breasted coat with cord lining. It's a little big, so it should go well over a sweater once the temps dip into the low 20s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy