Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anywhere sell button fly pants?

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
Does anyone sell pants with a button fly nowadays? I can remember thinking (1970's last time I saw them)how inconvenient they were when in a hurry but the other day the zipper on my pants broke and I thought back to when pants had button fly fastening.Usually it was only one button that came off and it was easier to get by 'till you got home but when a zip goes it is useless.It is far easier to sew on another button than a zip.I hate them now:rage:

It's ok now I'm calm I'm calm :D

adamjaskie

One of the Regulars
I was at Target buying a new pair of jeans (regular 'ol $20 Levis) and noticed some of the pricier Levis (the ones where you pay an extra $80 to have some kid in a third-world country roll about in the mud while wearing your future jeans) had button flies. Probably not what you are looking for, but they DO exist.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
The only button flies I've found besides jeans have been Indiana Jones pants, and custom jobs, like Magnoli.

Edit/Addition; If messed-up zippers are a frequent problem for you, might I recommend buying better pants or considering a slightly tamer lifestyle.

Jay

Practically Family
I'm pretty sure some company still makes 'em. I know I've seen a couple pairs at thrift stores now and then. They weren't vintage, but they were a nice dressy pair of trousers (Read:not jeans or khakis), and although I didn't buy them I remember checking the label to see where I could get some. Of course I can't remember the name now...

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Edit/Addition; If messed-up zippers are a frequent problem for you, might I recommend buying better pants or considering a slightly tamer lifestyle.

Hey, Man, what are you tryin' ta say????lol

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
Not-Bogart13 said:

lol lol Chance would be a fine thing!
after my spinal injury I can't walk fast enough to have a wild lifestyle.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I would hazard a guess that Mr. Farley is after contemporary pants with a button fly- rather than Victorian/Old West trousers, which are a totally different
kettle of tomatoes.

Unless we hear otherwise, it's in the realm of MTM and Tailoring but there MUST be someone who DOES do OTRack button flies.

B
T

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
charlie farley, are you talking dress pants or jeans?
Dress pants.The pants with the broken zip are ok dress pants that I used for work in the bar.They cost $120.00/ £60.00,the minimum I usually pay for pants.I've come across this before, pants ok but zip not long lasting.Buttons on the other hand are much better at least you can strengthen the buttons thread.

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
Micawber said:
Quite a few off the peg over here. Some of Cordings offerings have a button fly. Amongst other makes I also have trousers by Pakeman, Catto & Carter that are similarly secured. Neither are cheap.

Thanks, the pakeman.co.uk site looks good bet they last for ages.D'ya see how great this forum is? it would take for ever looking for them,cheers.

Talbot

One Too Many
Not-Bogart13 said:
If messed-up zippers are a frequent problem for you, might I recommend buying better pants or considering a slightly tamer lifestyle.

Sung to the tune of stormy weather:

Don't know why,
Got no buttons on my fly,
Got a zipper,
My girl, she says its quicker.....

:)

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Graemsay said:
I don't know if they offer button flies, but Old Town's trousers look like they should have them!

http://www.old-town.co.uk/

If not, they could probably modify a pair especially for you.

Old Town DO have button fly trousers.
And NO, they would not do anything special for anyone.
They "make to order"(carry no stock), to their own spec and sizes.
You cannot make changes to their spec.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany