Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Well, it's even more wonderful than I expected. One cool thing: The shiny black case with chrome trim looks very much like the shiny black of a 1930's Western Electric. That doesn't come through in photos but in your hand it looks and feels like a telephone. Unexpected Coolness.

The whole thing is, as reported often, a smudge magnet.

Buddy

New in Town
scotrace said:
Well, it's even more wonderful than I expected. One cool thing: The shiny black case with chrome trim looks very much like the shiny black of a 1930's Western Electric. That doesn't come through in photos but in your hand it looks and feels like a telephone. Unexpected Coolness.

The whole thing is, as reported often, a smudge magnet.
Two words: screen protector. Still smudges but hey, at least it's not the glass.

I like the style of the new one - the curved back is very sexy - much more interesting than my original iPhone. Not to mention the App store! :D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I've now literally lived without a computer at all for two weeks, relying entirely on my iPhone.

The good: All of it except for

The bad: Battery life. Even with most of the six signal-hunting widgets neutered, I had to plug it in at every opportunity to feel safe from a full drain.

Otherwise, it'll be killed by the other contenders as fast as the iPod met its death at the hands of Dr. Zune. :)

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
If you don't mind me asking, why is this thread open if you're only allowing vintage themed threads?
Not that I disagree with it being open, I hate this new rule. But i'm just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn