Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple Pie Martini

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
I posted this recipe earlier, in a previous thread "NYE Cocktail"

Baileys Caramel Apple Pie-tini

1 3/4 oz. Baileys with a Hint of Caramel
1/3 oz. Smirnoff Twist Green Apple Vodka
1/3oz. Applesauce
Dash of Caramel Syrup

Pour the apple sauce into bottom of glass and float dash of caramel. Shake all other ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker, strain and float on top of the applesauce and caramel.

Garnish with a slice of caramel apple.

But I've only just got around to shaking one!

I like it better this way

1 part baileys caramel

2 parts Smirnoff green apple vodka

Shake with ice

I found the original recipe too sickly and the apple sauce created a "Tide mark" on the glass as you sipped it there was "scum" dirty marks on the side of the glass. just like when you pull the plug out of the tub!!!!

The colour looks like tea with milk, so you can also subsitute ones own cup of Darjeeling with this concoction , if a boring friend or relative arrives on your doorstep, at 4.00 pm demanding "strong tea" they will never know you can allways share the cake and scones

3170922632_747320c57a_m.jpg

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Leaving aside the whole "what is a Martini" argument (that would be a tread on its own), it seems interesting, do you like it, what have other people said?

Have you tried using some apple schnapps in there somewhere? The drink reminds me a little of the Key Lime Martini I once saw - I believe that even had Graham crackers.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like your modification...the first one seems completely disgusting. *yucky* The second one seems like it would be lighter, stronger, letting the flavors speak rather than being sickeningly sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24