Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Appliques for Western Hats

What is the Forum's thoughts on appliques for the outside of hats? These would be made out of materials never seen before--beautiful colors available that glow!!!
I could be speaking out of turn here but as this is largely a site for lovers of classic fedora hats, "glowing in the dark" items are not likely to be a big seller here. Maybe try the makers of the Bohemian/distressed look in hats as they be more open to the latest "thing". There are a great many of these types of hat makers on Instagram.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I'm not mad at Boho/contemporary hats. There's even some I'd wear and ideas that I have for myself up my sleeve that are non-traditional. But glowing? Yah, not so much unless it was some sort of sci fi cosplay hat.

Wellema has this hat available. I'm actually pretty impressed with the illustration. The lines look really clean for being done on felt and I can't even imagine trying to draw on a cylinder with the brim in the way. I can't say I would wear this particular hat (also, too rich my blood), but I'm not opposed to the concept!
cff5fa_9269ee60af4549e58b681494ab8cf5ce~mv2.jpg

RBH

Bartender
I'm not mad at Boho/contemporary hats. There's even some I'd wear and ideas that I have for myself up my sleeve that are non-traditional. But glowing? Yah, not so much unless it was some sort of sci fi cosplay hat.

Wellema has this hat available. I'm actually pretty impressed with the illustration. The lines look really clean for being done on felt and I can't even imagine trying to draw on a cylinder with the brim in the way. I can't say I would wear this particular hat (also, too rich my blood), but I'm not opposed to the concept!

Im with you Jared... dont think I would wear one. But I have seen several that look really good.
Mike at Bukaroo had this one [I did see it in person] the artistry was amazing!!!!

330792579_1332308720645953_696274384860391153_n.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A local-to-me western hat company has gotten into what I call "race car branding" with hat patches the last couple of years. It works for them but definitely not my style.

aqha.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

Cool. Looks like a tat on a hat. A Hattoo?

I ordered a new leather shop apron. The maker sent me a video this morning showing me the laser engraving (burning) of my logo onto the leather. I imagine this could be done on felt as well. But I guess it would still require an artist to draw the original artwork and then digitize it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner