Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Deco Home Theater PC

slipperyskip

New in Town
I thought youse guys might appreciate my latest creation.

It is an art deco inspired home theater PC case that I call the Decomatic Model 12.

Enjoy!

001.jpg

http://slipperyskip.com/page21.html

slipperyskip

New in Town
scotrace said:
That's really well done - is it veneered, or solid?

Nice work!

Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, Slipperyskip!

Thanks. It is veneered. Each "leg" consists of 43 pieces of wood including basswood, birch and red mahogany. The body is white oak veneered over birch plywood.

This was my first post but I've been a member here for a while.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if you felt your ears burnin' a while back, but I know your site has come up before. I remember going to it when we were having a discussion about why computers are so ugly, many many months ago.

All your work looks great!

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Have you tried to conquer the portable computer design? I'd like to see an art deco laptop if you don't mind! :D

Very well done, every one of them. I hope they go on the market. Who ever doesn't want one has got to be crazy not to!

The Flat Screen frame!

I'd love to see someone come up with a frame for a flat screen or rear projection tv that would make it look like a screen from a Flash Gordon serial! Now that would be cool!
(All hail Emporer Ming! Ming the Merciless!)

JazzBaby

Practically Family
happyfilmluvguy said:
I'd like to see an art deco laptop if you don't mind! :D

I'd like to see an Art Deco ANYTHING I just can't get enough of it!

Great work btw - modern appliances are so ugly!

CharlieH.

One Too Many
All this comes to prove that the personal computer doesn't need to be ugly. That Nagy Magical-Movable-Type-Pixello-Dynamotronic Computational Engine is a true work of art!

Now if only someone would build that personal television/computer set from The Shadow...

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
Great looking designs. I am trying to figure out what I can mod to make some sort of retro design. Of course if someone were to market something such as this it would be so much easier, not to mention less time consuming, since I have done next to no modding.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've just spent a delightful half hour perusing your website, 'Skip. It's almost hard to believe I've actually just seen computers that appear aesthetically pleasing, except the images are now burned into my brain! I love your talent and your work!

Charlie, I see I'm not the only one who's checked out The Shadow's crazy videophone/TV. Man, that's a cool-looking device!

slipperyskip

New in Town
Thank you very much for your kind words. I don't get a lot of traffic to my site but people seem to stay for quite some time. That's cool.

I'm currently freaking out because the Decomatic is at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. I haven't gotten any feedback at all....so far.

I loan my projects out to companies who like to draw attention to their booths. I do this in exchange for computer equipment. It allows me to continue this very expensive hobby of mine. I still have every computer you see on my site.

Cheers!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Way cool.

Especially the frame around the screen which lends it a Victorian look.
I'd love to see a chrome deco toaster look PC case. Hmm,...ya got me staring at my PC and thinking here. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot