Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Deco Literature?

Girl Friday

Practically Family
We are about to move into a wonderful old house, that was built in 1913, we are renting but would like to get the art deco feel, the fixtures are already there. Are there any good reference books, magazines or websites that anyone knows of?

Salv

One Too Many
There are plenty of books on Amazon UK - I don't know how much shipping would be to the US but it may be the best option if you can't find much over there.

Here are some interesting looking books:
• Art Deco Interiors: Decoration and Design Classics of the 1920s and 1930s - £12.50
• Art Deco House Style: An Architectural and Interior Design Source Book - £11.21
• Houses of the Art Deco Years - £9.50
• The Art Deco House - £13.19
• Art Deco Architecture: Design, Decoration and Detail from the Twenties and Thirties - £12.50

Salv

One Too Many
Girl Friday said:
Thanks again!

I clearly wasn't looking hard enough! :D

I just ordered 2 of those from Amazon.com!

Excellent! There's a small museum in London - dedicated to English interiors from Elizabethan times to the 1990's - where I got inspiration for a Deco-inspired interior a few years ago - the Geffrye Museum - this is a photo of their 1930's room
0-85C030.jpg

There's a Flash tour of all the rooms as well which is interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran