Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Deco tobacco pipes

Thought you might like to see some of my Deco / Streamline Moderne / Machine Age pipes from the 1920s, '30s and '40s -- ranging from briarwood to bakelite and even aluminum. There are even some ladies' pipes (which tend to have tiny bowls) and several very geometric cigarette holders.

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Beautiful collection of historical pipes!

Art Deco / streamline pipes, my!! That polished aluminium and inlaid woods in those pipes seem to be a microcosim of the Art Deco genre/time! Absolutely gorgeous! The fine lady cigarette holders are just so cute and refined looking too, and the best part is that these 'today' look so unique. What a fine collection you are gathering. Do you have a special display box or even cabinet, so that visitors can see them? Or get one made, something that hangs of the wall and holds them. I still have my grandfather's old pipe display rack!
Really glad you have shared this one with us, as it's so unique!!

Feraud

Bartender
Thank you for sharing those pictures. They are wonderful looking pipes. I could not believe the aluminum ones! I have never seen that material used in a pipe.

You should display them if you do not already. That is a wonderful collection of pipes.

btw, No meerschaum?

Thanks to Mycroft, Paddy, "Comrade" Berkov, and Feraud for your interest!

Feraud said:
You should display them if you do not already. That is a wonderful collection of pipes.

btw, No meerschaum?

DISPLAY CASE:
SuitsetcSept505001.jpg

MEERSCHAUM DECO PIPES
(Note the Egyptian revival one at top):

SuitsetcSept505007.jpg

A PIPE MADE FOR THE 1939 NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR:
SuitsetcSept505008.jpg

WHEN PROPPED UP VERTICALLY, IT BECOMES -- TA DAA! -- THE FAIR'S TRYLON & PERISPHERE:
SuitsetcSept505026.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just in awe of this collection...

So Veronica, how did you become interested in collecting 'pipes' of all things? And what is your most cherished pipe out of the whole collection..and why..? :)

I just think it's brilliant that you have got such a lovely hobby!! I wonder what your husband thinks of his wife with all these men's pipes? haha.

Happy collecting (love the World's Fair one!!)

PADDY said:
So Veronica, how did you become interested in collecting 'pipes' of all things? And what is your most cherished pipe out of the whole collection..and why..?

I became interested through Marc, my husband, who has collected pipes for 8 years or so. Like most ladies, I love the smell (if not the taste!) of aromatic tobacco. When I discovered that ladies' vintage pipes actually existed, I couldn't resist being eccentric and getting one ... and then another! Most of the pipes from my collection are ladies' pipes; the rest belong to Marc.

My most cherished ladies' pipe is also the most outrageous: a 1950s briar, factory painted in a shiny aqua green and inlaid with rhinestones. It's as '50s as you can get.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
OUTSTANDING is an understatement!!! I really like the aluminum ones, who'd have thought!!! GREAT!!! I once had one with an aluminum stem and wooden bowl, I'm in awe!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic