Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DRB said:
June3020101525.jpg
DRB, that hat fits you right down to the ground!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DRB

One Too Many
Thank you gentlemen.

Yes, one more hat is on the way. It shipped out today. Granite color, 2 1/4 inch brim. Unsure what to expect for swoop of the brim or of the ribbon color and design. If I remember correctly, it should be open crowned. Maybe I will go with a center dent or teardrop.

I am hoping it arrives Saturday as I am leaving on vacation Saturday. It is always exciting getting a new hat!! :)

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
You said with the last hat that you thought a more tapered appearance looked better on you... I think the center dent tapers off the crown a bit more, where the teardrop makes it look more massive and less tapered (at least that's the way it worked on my 40's Stetson--I changed it from a center to a diamond to a teardrop. The teardrop and diamond amped up the perceived size of the crown.).

DRB

One Too Many
Flute, thank you very much for the help! I will try the center dent first, if the hat comes open crowned. I do want a hat that has a little bit of taper. Putting the first crease in a hat can sometimes be the determining factor for all future crease variations. As we all know, felt can sometimes have a mind of it's own...Dennis

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
DRB said:
Flute, thank you very much for the help! I will try the center dent first, if the hat comes open crowned. I do want a hat that has a little bit of taper. Putting the first crease in a hat can sometimes be the determining factor for all future crease variations. As we all know, felt can sometimes have a mind of it's own...Dennis

The center dent is the first step in making a teardrop. So don't worry about having to choose between the two; it can always be altered. :)

DRB

One Too Many
Well, the hat made it here today according to the tracking information. I am going to go pick it up at the post office this morning. Only two days from Oregon to Vermont, by the Canadian border. The other hat took the same amount of time. That is fast!.

I won't be able to post pictures until I return from my vacation. I postponed my vacation departure time by a few hours so that I can pickup the hat. ;)

Musashi

One of the Regulars
DRB said:
Thank you gentlemen.

Yes, one more hat is on the way. It shipped out today. Granite color, 2 1/4 inch brim. Unsure what to expect for swoop of the brim or of the ribbon color and design. If I remember correctly, it should be open crowned. Maybe I will go with a center dent or teardrop.

I am hoping it arrives Saturday as I am leaving on vacation Saturday. It is always exciting getting a new hat!! :)

Congrats!
I am looking for my Black Cherry sometime next week, but just like last Month with the VS Mojave I will be out of town when it arrives! The joys of a telecommuting job. It's ok tho.. Just adds to the anticip...

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Next!!!

Ok ... Itlooks like I am next on the block!!! Just got the e-mail from Art to pick a color ... Pecan it is!!! Daizawaguy and Indycop, I think I am going with a stacked bow as I liked yours so much ... But I basically told Art to do whatever he wanted to with it as he is much more creative than I!!!! Can't wait!!!

Had to share with folks that understand how exciting the whole process is!!!

Jabos

A-List Customer
You will love the pecan. Lovely color in person. Those swatches don't do any of his colors justice! Congrats for being "on the block".

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Being new/getting back to hats, I would love to get Art to put a hat together for me. His designs are fantastic and I love the ribbon work. Its quite unique and gives the hats a particular character.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Do it. It is honestly the best $300 I have ever handed away. If I could live in a cardboard box for the rest of my life but get a VS every week, I'd be perfectly content. Actually that's not true. The cardboard box would have to have a hat rack in it. ;)

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Anyone know where Mr. Fawcett is? I sent him a PM yesterday, and he didn't respond yet (normally he doesn't take longer than a few hours). And he hasn't posted since the 30th. On vacation, maybe? [huh] Hope he's okay...

fluteplayer07 said:
Anyone know where Mr. Fawcett is? I sent him a PM yesterday, and he didn't respond yet (normally he doesn't take longer than a few hours). And he hasn't posted since the 30th. On vacation, maybe? [huh] Hope he's okay...

He's around.
Heard from him the end of last week. Said he was blocking my hat and would be working on it this week.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
I talked to him Friday so I wouldn't get to concerned ... maybe he actually stopped checking e-mail for a day or two :eek: ... I know its hard to fathom!!!!

DRB

One Too Many
Granite color, VS

Well, I finally got back from vacation and can now post a few pictures. Here are some pictures of my new VS by Art Fawcett.

Color: granite
Brim: 2 1/4 inches all around, with an underwelt.
Crease: creased by Art Fawcett.
Crown: 4 3/4 inches front and back, 5 inches in the middle.
Bow: 6 inches long, with a red verticle line built into the knot.
Liner: red.
Ribbon: 1 1/2 inches, grey color.
Weight: unsure.
Felt: 100% beaver.

My software that shrinks the size of the pictures has a problem with the close verticle lines on the ribbon, but the ribbon is quite beautiful in person.

Picture taken indoors with flash
July620101540.jpg

Picture taken indoors without flash
July620101544.jpg

Picture taken indoors with flash
July620101541.jpg

Picture taken outdoors.
July620101539.jpg

Picture taken outdoors.
July620101538.jpg

Picture taken outdoors.
July620101537.jpg