Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
DRB said:
Well, I finally got back from vacation and can now post a few pictures. Here are some pictures of my new VS by Art Fawcett.

Waouh, I like it very much!!!

Congratulation, enjoy!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
DRB said:
Color: granite
Brim: 2 1/4 inches all around, with an underwelt.
Crease: creased by Art Fawcett.
Crown: 4 3/4 inches front and back, 5 inches in the middle.
Bow: 6 inches long, with a red verticle line built into the knot.
Liner: red.
Ribbon: 1 1/2 inches, grey color.
Weight: unsure.
Felt: 100% beaver.

July620101540.jpg

Now that Sir, is a very very fine hat! :eusa_clap

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Very fine hat indeed. I absolutely love the stripe set in the bow. Its subtle, but really gives the hat a great overall feel.

ccajackson

Familiar Face
Great color, too!

A beautiful hat! I love the variability of the granite - a darker color indoors that lightens up to a great medium-appearing gray in the sun light.

The contrasting red in the knot is such a stylish touch!

Enjoy!
C-C

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Great hat DRB! That granite is an interesting colour, a lot different from what I imagined when I looked at the felt sample :cool:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Musashi said:
Ok. I cave. :) Plus i do like to share the joy...

4749161688_d7f6ef6f78_o.jpg

Art says its 3-4 shades darker than oxblood but definitely not black.
Looks like its quite bright in the room, but the EXIF data on the photo says the flash did not fire. So I am of course still without any real idea what the color looks like in real life... but it looks great so far.

This must be getting close to being received right!? Suspence...

Musashi

One of the Regulars
daizawaguy said:
This must be getting close to being received right!? Suspence...

I think next week sometime, I was out of town last week, and I think Mr. Fawcett got some well-deserved downtime last week. I'm excited of course, but on the other hand it's over 90 out every day. I won't be wearing it much until it gets a little cooler.

UPDATE: Just got a shipping notice from Art. Yes!. Im just a little bit freaking out now. :)

The hat was slightly delayed because Art was unhappy with it due to some felt issues (first Black Cherry he has worked with)... so he DID IT AGAIN!!
To me, that says INTEGRITY, and respect from me for it!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
How many of Art's Sunsets are floating around? I know D'Guy has one, and another to an unnamed client in Tn, according to Art's original post. Have I missed any more in the mean time?

Cheers,

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Art Fawcett "ORIGINAL" SUNSET

I was asked by a member to show the hat that Art used in his creation of the "SUNSET".

History:
Art made this beautiful hat for me several years ago when he was still in California. It is a vintage body, and a wonderful pastel peach color. Truly a one of a kind.

Art asked me to send the hat to him, so he could send it to his supplier to copy the color. Well, they got it close, but not exact. Also the hat was "scrunched" in the shipping.

Art totally refinished the hat for me, with a new Art Fawcett liner, and his new technique in finishing felt.

Gentlemen, I must tell you the hat is FAR BETTER now than when I first sent it to Art. He worked magic on it.

He is a true gentleman and artist. This hat has the tightest and smoothest density of almost any of my vast vintage collection. The color is wonderful, a soft "PEACH" color... which sadly is going to be very difficult for any felt producer to replicate.

Here are some photos of the hat. Enjoy.

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

PS Photos taken with Nikon D80 with flash in my dark florescent lit garage at night!

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Wow!!! :eusa_clap That is a beautiful hat!!!
:eek:fftopic:

My VS shipped yesterday!!!!!!! I am going out of town Sunday for a week ... Typical!!! This seams to be the ongoing theme amongst those that have recently received works of Art! Luckily my wife will be home!!

Kk

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Andykev said:
I was asked by a member to show the hat that Art used in his creation of the "SUNSET".

History:
Art made this beautiful hat for me several years ago when he was still in California. It is a vintage body, and a wonderful pastel peach color. Truly a one of a kind.

Art asked me to send the hat to him, so he could send it to his supplier to copy the color. Well, they got it close, but not exact. Also the hat was "scrunched" in the shipping.

Art totally refinished the hat for me, with a new Art Fawcett liner, and his new technique in finishing felt.

Gentlemen, I must tell you the hat is FAR BETTER now than when I first sent it to Art. He worked magic on it.

He is a true gentleman and artist. This hat has the tightest and smoothest density of almost any of my vast vintage collection. The color is wonderful, a soft "PEACH" color... which sadly is going to be very difficult for any felt producer to replicate.

Here are some photos of the hat. Enjoy.

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

PS Photos taken with Nikon D80 with flash in my dark florescent lit garage at night!

:eusa_clap wonderful:eusa_clap

Musashi

One of the Regulars
The Black Cherry has arrived, Its Beautiful. I gotta find some time, hopefully tonight, to take some photos.

I will say this.. The color is very nice. Not at all overstated. It looks classy.

Now to dig for pics on how the hat in "Public Enemies' was bashed.. I watched half the movie last night and everything was so muted tonally for style that i could not see the hat enough to get a good look at the bash!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn