Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rat Pack

One of the Regulars
You guys aren't making the wait any easier!

Art and I went over details on the phone a couple weeks ago so I am really hoping to see what he created soon!!

Great looking hats gentlemen!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
You guys aren't making the wait any easier!

Art and I went over details on the phone a couple weeks ago so I am really hoping to see what he created soon!!

Great looking hats gentlemen!

I talked to Art, your hat is going to have a layover in Tacomalollol I bet you will be tickled once you your VS, but no doubt the wait is torture.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Lloyd

do you have any measurements and details about the dark moss VS you displayed back on 6/1/10? I've included a link to the picture below (its the one on the right)

It seems different from other ones I see here... a lot more casual. Do you have any more pictures of it that you can post?

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/lloydwwinter/Hats/VS%20forest/VSforestJune12010wdarkmoss.jpg

You might want to send a Private Message to Lloyd, as he may not be checking the Hall of Fame frequently. Just a thought. -M

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Lloyd

do you have any measurements and details about the dark moss VS you displayed back on 6/1/10? I've included a link to the picture below (its the one on the right)

It seems different from other ones I see here... a lot more casual. Do you have any more pictures of it that you can post?

Ask and ye shall receive. I had Art make that as a shooting hat. It's got a 2" brim a 1" ribbon and a 5.25" crown and currently a really deep diamond bash. I seem to remember telling Art this would be a sporting hat, that it would see lots of sweat, sun and dirt. My only requirement was the 2" brim since I use it while shooting a bow. I think Art recommended the Dark Moss but I'm not really sure.
I think that some of the casual nature of that hat is because of the narrow ribbon and the stingy brim and the rest of it is due to the fact that it's been worn hard and seen a lot of miles for it's relatively young age. It's fallen off my head when I'm shooting and I've stepped on it a few times stepping back from the shooting line when I didn't realize that it had fallen off. I also wore it on a 20 mile hike once that I thought was going to be a 5 mile hike. By the time I was done I had sweated through the beaver to about the half way point on both the brim and the crown. And the brim has been beat within an inch of it's life by my bowstring.

I don't have that many pics of this hat but here are some of the better ones. You can see in the early pics that it was in much better shape at one time.

DSCN3472.jpg

DSCN3938.jpg

VintageSilhouettesfrontview1.jpg

VintageSilhouettesprofile.jpg

VSforestJune12010wdarkmoss.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Ask and ye shall receive. I had Art make that as a shooting hat. It's got a 2" brim a 1" ribbon and a 5.25" crown and currently a really deep diamond bash. I seem to remember telling Art this would be a sporting hat, that it would see lots of sweat, sun and dirt. My only requirement was the 2" brim since I use it while shooting a bow. I think Art recommended the Dark Moss but I'm not really sure.
I think that some of the casual nature of that hat is because of the narrow ribbon and the stingy brim and the rest of it is due to the fact that it's been worn hard and seen a lot of miles for it's relatively young age. It's fallen off my head when I'm shooting and I've stepped on it a few times stepping back from the shooting line when I didn't realize that it had fallen off. I also wore it on a 20 mile hike once that I thought was going to be a 5 mile hike. By the time I was done I had sweated through the beaver to about the half way point on both the brim and the crown. And the brim has been beat within an inch of it's life by my bowstring.

I don't have that many pics of this hat but here are some of the better ones. You can see in the early pics that it was in much better shape at one time.

DSCN3472.jpg

That blockshape in black cherry with those specs would absolutely nail the Johnny Depp/Public Enemies hat.

But as it is Lloyd, it's a beautiful lid!

Mulceber

Practically Family
That blockshape in black cherry with those specs would absolutely nail the Johnny Depp/Public Enemies hat.

And obviously a different ribbon. I'm not sure I'd call the crown an exact match, but regardless, a very nice hat, Lloyd! -M

Mulceber

Practically Family
Similar, definitely. I dunno, maybe the thinner ribbon just throws it off in my eyes. -M

edit: After looking back at the other photos of Lloyd's hat, I actually think that the pic you've compared to Depp's hat is one of the only ones that resembles it. The rest look very different to my eye. For a public enemies hat, I think your best bet would be to just ask Art to make it as close to Depp's hat as possible and let him use his judgment - 'cuz if anyone knows Art's blocks, it's Art. -M

Last edited:

OT1899

Familiar Face
Mulcebar, I agree with your comments. It is one of the few, in my opinion, that actually looks like the one in the movie. That hat in black cherry with a wider burgundy ribbon would be very nice ....!

Jabos

A-List Customer
I'm in line for a black cherry, but I know I won't ask it to be a copy of a P.E. hat. I don't have Johnny D's looks and doubt I will be wearing it carrying around a Tommy gun. :D

Mulceber

Practically Family
Times like this I'm glad that most of my hats already have similar proportions to the P.E. hat, and that I'm already in the habit of wearing similar overcoats... -M

jbucklin

Practically Family
Finally got my first VS

What a wonderful hat! The color is granite and it has a 2 3/8" brim. I'll post pics tomorrow. Still working on the crease; I wish I had remembered to ask Art to crease it for me. I'm not quite used to having such a tall crown. Any tips on how to lower it? It seems to want to be at a certain height.

coble

A-List Customer
amazing, definately a wonderful hat. Looks really good on you. Its an awesome feeling to get your first Art Fawcett hat, i know mine doesn't leave my head, enjoy because yours is a beautiful classic design.:)

jbucklin

Practically Family
Yeah, I know. I changed my mind about 50 times! This one was a pretty impulsive decision, but at least I made a decision, and ordered it immediately following that decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav