Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Nice to hear about all this love for VS out in the rain. It started to sprinkle this morning and might be raining when I head back out this afternoon and I wore my VS. So we shall see if the love deepens, haha.

One Too Many
Congrats Malacoda and Marshack. You won't be sorry.:eusa_clap Here is the ribbon on my last Art hat, granite with dark olive ribbon with gray.
006.jpg
Beauty hat, nice ribbon I will copy in one mine ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Granite Satin Finish

My very first post on this fine forum, and wanted to share my first Art Fawcett fedora.

AL

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
That's a great first post, and a great hat! Your fedora looks quality for sure, and it being made by Art Fawcett means it's made to last! I have yet to acquire my own, but someday. Blue smoke, perhaps...

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the welcome, and the kind words, gents.

Very Nice. What's the top look like? Is it a porkpie bash, or just one without dents?

It is a teardrop bash with shallow dents that did not photograph well. I will post additional pics that better illustrate the crown and the bash.

Art's satin finish is wonderful, with a subtle sheen that is difficult to capture with a photograph.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Speaking of a blue Strat ... which this new one is terrific, by the way ... but speaking of such things ... has anyone ever seen an original medium blue Whippet?
Saw a vintage ad for one recently
That would be a great hat to bring back
Congrats on a beautiful blue Strat, though!

Sam

DRB

One Too Many
JauntyOne: great choice of style and color. Impressive.

delectans: welcome. You picked a perfect first hat. You must have done your due diligence.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
delectans: welcome. You picked a perfect first hat. You must have done your due diligence.

Thanks, DRB.

Indeed, 3700+ posts(in this thread and others) worth of due diligence! The photos and feedback were invaluable, and ultimately Art's input finalized my decision.

I must say that I am a bit surprised at the paucity of satin finish hats out there, as Art does an amazing satin finish!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner