Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
I too recently received a Silvermist Artlite. I love the color; I am jealous of the perforations though. :doh: I didn't even think of perforations, they would have been nice....oh well. I'll post some pics soon - right now, I'm up to my a*# in alligators.

Great hat Link.......yours too, Viper Man.

Cliff

vinnypolston

New in Town
@KyleK

Here's a milan that I received yesterday! It's in Natural, 2 5/8" brim. 4 ligne ribbon. iPhone pics so not the best images.
Saw a similar hat somewhere on here awhile back, I think belonging to RBH, that planted the seed.

5881191664_071743e226.jpg

5880630217_5da14bcc68.jpg

KyleK, that's a beautiful hat! :) I didn't know Art made milan hats? Or was it a milan body you sent to him?

Link

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone for the compliments. The credit, however, goes to Art. The only input I had on the design of this hat was the color. Other than that, I just asked Art to make me a "fun hat."

KyleK

One of the Regulars
KyleK, that's a beautiful hat! :) I didn't know Art made milan hats? Or was it a milan body you sent to him?

Thanks vinny!

I found out just like you did - seeing one of Art's milan creations posted earlier in this thread. He provided the body. I told him I was looking for a thin ribbon milan reminiscent of his Barnstormer. I asked for a warm or cool gray color ribbon - he went with warm. I like it!

I did sweat in it perhaps a little too much already, though. I have a little staining from the headband coming through the straw. Anyone know a good way to clean it up?

thebroker

One of the Regulars
Vinny, Art can clarify or correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that he has Milan bodies in two colors...the "honey" color that several of us have, as well as a brown called chocolate. I can't say enough how pleased I am with mine. It is the perfect summer hat, in my humble opinion.

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone for the compliments. The credit, however, goes to Art. The only input I had on the design of this hat was the color. Other than that, I just asked Art to make me a "fun hat."

You're lucky Art knows what he's doing. Last time I asked anyone for a fun hat........

funhat.jpg

Just sayin'..........

Cliff

r00tuk

New in Town
Cool, r00tuk - we don't seem to get the chance to see a Charcoal hat from Art very often.

Thanks. I realised when researching colour combinations that charcoal was not that popular and I really did not want to go with a black ribbon. When I spoke to Art about having a dark chocolate brown ribbon, instead of charcoal or black, he was not too sure until he "dressed" it for colour combination checks. I believe it is the first one in this combination that he has done.

Anyway, success with my wife too as she says I need to get a silverbelly now. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points