Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The lavender undertone was meant to refer to the dove felt color (not the dark grey ribbon). I have edited it accordingly.
The hue is very subtle indeed which makes the felt color so wonderful.

Last edited:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Not a new one...my second VS in fact, but damn the proportions are fine. Hope you don`t mine me posting the hat again in a new picture for the record.

DSC_0992.jpg

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Just got this pic from Art
Dark Moss featherweight.
I'll be picking this up from Art in a couple of weeks so the one pic is all I have for now.
I asked for a 5.75" crown and a 2.75" brim

VSDarkMossFeatherweight_Sept2011.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a beauty, Lloyd, I have one moss green hat, and to be honest I don't wear it often. But it's one of the most beautiful hats I have.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Though I swore off buying another hat, the seeds of another hat requirement are sprouting in my mind for another Art Fawcett creation. I have a largebrims Granite Fedora and Whiskey Pork Pie. However, I am thinking of a bolder 'colorful' style for going out swing dancing, local events, goofing around, and for when I play piano. I kind of like the daizawaguy style of a shorter brim Fedora. So style-wise, I'm liking that, as compared to a pork pie. Is that the Midnight Blue felt in D-guy's posting above? and what is the typical brim length on your hat D-guy, 1-3/4"?

I don't think I'd go with a green hue like the dark moss, and the cabernet is a bit too bold for me, but maybe

Midnight Blue? Black Cherry? Oxblood? or just plain black.

Any thoughts? Especially those hat wearers out there with these colors? I don't think tans, browns, and greys for this go around. And I don't think ivory works for me personally, but who knows?

I'm liking a matching band in D-guy's blue hat above. The other two I have are contrasting, and I think a matching band on this go around would provide a better look - for what I'm seeking.

Readers thoughts are appreciated.

dnjan

One Too Many
I think I remember reading that Art had been experimenting with a pseudo felted edge on some of his thinner bodies. Unfortunately, I am starting to get motion-sick with trying to search for it.
If someone has a photo or two of one of Art's felted-style edges, I would appreciate seeing them.

thanks!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I think I remember reading that Art had been experimenting with a pseudo felted edge on some of his thinner bodies. Unfortunately, I am starting to get motion-sick with trying to search for it.
If someone has a photo or two of one of Art's felted-style edges, I would appreciate seeing them.

thanks!

Here's another closeup of Art's welted edge.
Blue Smoke and Sahara underwelts. Can't take any proper shots right now, it's nighttime over here. These pics are cropped from the original high-res; you'll find a lower-res full frame version a few pages back.
Btw, Art can do welted egdes on both the featherweights and on dress (i.e. regular) weights. :)

2d2a28.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic