Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Silverbelly - the beauty is obvious

Great hat!

Frankly, I cannot imagine something better than a contemporary crafted master hat in the best raw materials.

VS hats don't have the mercury in their felting process, like any other modern felt-I really wonder why hat persons miss this poisonous heavy metal so much from their heads.

Antique hats have questionable condition and I am convinced that with most sold specimens there are reasons why the owner wants to part with them.

This beauty however has the identical look of a classic hat but it is also fresh. Unless you don't have some similar custom hat already, this silverbelly will be better in terms of quality than anything you got from e-bay or hat factories.

You invested your money in quality, plus it looks great too.

Best

Tom

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
The hat looks great and fits you well. Art does have the nack for telling you what size brim you need to fit your face.

blade runner

New in Town
My contribution

I already gave it its own thread, but since this is the "Hall of Fame", here are some pictures of my new Art Fawcett beauty.
P1010583.jpg

P1010587.jpg

P1010584.jpg

P1010590.jpg

P1010580.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I am really liking that one. Fantastic hat. I am really digging the similar tones of the hat and ribbon work. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I bet that one won't be spending much time in the box:D

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
blade runner said:
I already gave it its own thread, but since this is the "Hall of Fame", here are some pictures of my new Art Fawcett beauty.

Once again, that hat is fantastic, and this picture just goes to prove that the hat doesn't always have to match the clothes. That hat looks great with the suit.

retro50

Familiar Face
1911 Man said:
And here it is on my head. I would love feedback on the bash and brim width, and if they work well with my face.

I'm working on a hat design with Art right now. What is the brim width and crown height (open of course).

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
It seems like alot of new VS's have been popping up lately. I wonder if Art is ready to clone himself yet:D Might be the only way he'll get a breaklol lol

univibe88

One Too Many
He's busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking competition lol

I'm glad so many folks have been sharing their new Works of Art. I never get tired of seeing them.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
univibe88 said:
He's busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking competition lol

I'm glad so many folks have been sharing their new Works of Art. I never get tired of seeing them.

You are right about that, but I sure makes it hard to narrow down an idea for the next one:D

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
I have two orders in already to Art. I have seen so many awesome hats that I wanted on this thread and I didn't have the funds to get them all. I chose a near copy of one I have seen here and a Sportaire. Cant wait to call them mine. Maybe the third will be an Alucard original.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
retro50 said:
I'm working on a hat design with Art right now. What is the brim width and crown height (open of course).

2 5/8 brim (with binding) and 5 3/4 open crown, standard dimensions borrowed from Art's HST model. Same felt, too, just a different color ribbon. I am really liking it, but I find with the light color felt, I worry about discoloration and staining. With the felt being beaver, will that be a problem, or will foreign substances wipe off easily with a clean brush?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I would brush it regularly with a soft purpose made brush - that way it you will keep dust and grime to a minimum, and over time will develop a nice patine...should age nicely. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes