Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
The pics turned out great Seabass, Thank you!!! what he isn't mentioning folks is the we are meeting again Monday for real FOOD. One of the few things I miss about the SF area is the authenticity of multicultural food. Just cant' get good Chinese or Mexican food in the Cascades but then, that's one of the tradeoffs for living there. Also guys, Seabass lives only a few miles from the gkids so it gives me a rare chance to meet someone wearing my hats. No sleigh here David..but how cool would that be?
I'll be near the phone when you're ready Rusty

Merry Christmas & Happy Holiday's everyone.. I really LOVE this time of year

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I'm thinking the VS3D ribbon design would look stunning on one of Art's milans.

Hmmm...
David 3-D Art Milan Done !
232323232%7Ffp635%3C8%3Evq%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3492%3B%3B72%3B434%3Bvq0mrj

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
SB, here is a shot of the honey brown milan.

art007.jpg
WOW RBH !
That Is some sweet straw... geez now i want a honey thin ribbon. how wide is the brim ?
It really looks good & fully functional with that brim down... man & has a great 40's shape.
both your milans are killer.... looks much nicer than the typical stingy 60's & newer milans...
Straw Strats.... Thanks for posting pics.... I gotta have a straw strat/barnstormer !

RBH

Bartender
Is a milan straw fairly cool to wear? Better than a shantung straw, I'll bet? If so, there goes my hat budget for 2012. . . .

Yes, I would say it is cooler, mine are really light and seem to let the air flow really well.

WOW RBH !
.... how wide is the brim ?

The brim on the honey brown is 2 5\8s, the front of the crown is right at 5 inches and the back comes in at 4 1\4 I would say.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Montecristi 600 wpi

In anticipation of the longer daylight hours - winter sun on Montecristi

Got these from Robert Weber's closeouts.
Montecristi 25x24 (600) wpi blocked by Art, together with a 16x16 (250) wpi (a work of Tony B./ Tumwater, I presume).
Buying these hats almost felt like daylight robbery to me (well I mean, I would be the robber). It won't be my last VS Montecristi, though. :D
Looking forward to wearing these :)

VS on the right side:

P1050099post.jpg

P1050081post.jpg

Inside view of the 600 wpi:

P1050048post.jpg

P1050060post.jpg

Art's signature bow style:

P1050018post.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Btw, my apologies for temporarily backing out on the "pics of VS with full attire" promise. I'm having a hard time getting the precious daylight, the camera and my humble self in one place, and then NOT in training gear. Oh well, the days ARE getting longer now...

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Btw, my apologies for temporarily backing out on the "pics of VS with full attire" promise. I'm having a hard time getting the precious daylight, the camera and my humble self in one place, and then NOT in training gear. Oh well, the days ARE getting longer now...

I wouldn't sweat it, if people are interested in the idea, all they have to do is post an image. I intend to myself. After all, this isn't the "show us your new VS hat" thread, it's the Hall of Fame thread!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't sweat it, if people are interested in the idea, all they have to do is post an image. I intend to myself. After all, this isn't the "show us your new VS hat" thread, it's the Hall of Fame thread!

Personally I like this being the "show us your new VS thread" It is in the hat forum after all and there are plenty of threads for other clothes.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Moving this pictures to their own thread. This is the Art Fawcett hall of fame and not the "look what I did to my VS" Thread. After Getting a PM from Art, I realized I might have, inadvertently offended him. My apologies, sir.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad he takes pride in his work, but it's your hat, Ale, and you may modify as you see fit. If you're happy with it, that's what matters of course.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm glad he takes pride in his work, but it's your hat, Ale, and you may modify as you see fit. If you're happy with it, that's what matters of course.

I'm not offended by what he did to his hat Sir, it just needs to be in his thread, not this one. As I read it, it was started as a showcase of my work, not to showcase what could be done after the fact or how my work can be copied by others. Really, it's as simple as that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy