Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Blue Smoke

5.5" x 2 3/8" bound brim (silver-grey) w/ 22 L charcoal ribbon, black windcord, red VS stripe, purple liner

P1050173.jpg

P1050171.jpg

P1050164.jpg

P1050162.jpg

I love the proportions and shape - fairly moderate brim flange and a straight-sided block with center dent.

The dear reader may notice that I'm nuts about the lighter VS felt colors. :D Blue Smoke and Dove may well be my favorites among them.

Art, your work never ceases to impress. Thank you, Sir! To me, the VS hats are the perfect accompaniment to the vintage hats.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good traveling news!

I am on the last days of my latest work travels. Sheesh, I am getting a bit weary of wearing the clothes in my suitcase and staying in a hotel room. This morning I got an e-mail pic from my wife back home in Minnesota. A teaser for sure!

I have 48 hours or so before I can don my newest Art Fawcett creation. The hat arrived earlier this week at the gym. My wife gets a kick out how I enjoy the expectation of a new hat. She, without a doubt, is enjoying the anticipation that is building before I can get home. My wife opened the box, removed the protecting plastic bag, opened the hatbox and took a pic. Teaser shot sent. Oh boy can't you just imagine the hat. I certainly am! What color is the leather and the liner? Oh boy. I will go through the balance of the trip with only this image. Man! When I can actually feel, see and look at my new hat I will share what I have...a pic!

IMG0295-L.jpg

I am anxious to be home. Can't wait to see my wife, dogs and my new hat!

Sheesh.... a gargantuan gotcha. Last leg of this trip wearing thin, Eric -

More to come...........................Thanks in advance to Art Fawcett. He is the MAN!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tired, but home. I un-packed and headed to work. At the gym I got to finally see my Art Fawcett creation. Boy, oh boy have I been excited. My wife's teasing shot sent via e-mail really piqued my anticipation. Mr. Fawcett is a heavy hitter in my book as this hat is exactly what I wished for! CHEERS!

IMG0323-L.jpg

Back home for a shower, change of clothes. Here is a quick pic of the hat that I am proud to share. I will take better shots and add details when I get a chance over the next couple of days. BTW: Dove felt, 2.5" brim and a VS Strat like hat in concept.

Enjoying a couple of hours of hat time back home in Minnesota, Eric -

Last edited:
Fantastic Strat clone you have there, SBG! :eusa_clap
The Dove felt is an excellent choice for it!

It is certainly not a clone in the sense that the felt and trimmings used, finish and craftsmanship is much better than that used in the original Stetson Stratoliner.:p I won't even mention how much better it is than anything Stetson makes today. :p
Nice SBG! Who needs hair when you have a hat like that? :p

DesertDan

One Too Many
Hilarious that the "tease" photo's sent from your wife are of a hat! :D

Yet, I think that's totally awesome, are we all hopeless or what! :D

Beautiful VS SBG, Congrats!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The dear reader may notice that I'm nuts about the lighter VS felt colors. :D Blue Smoke and Dove may well be my favorites among them

Lovely beaver, Rabbit!

Isn't opening the box for the first time and seeing the immaculate light colored hat a pleasant experience...

Is the premium beaver off-white next? That and a mauve tainted ribbon would be right down your street...

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
Tired, but home. I un-packed and headed to work. At the gym I got to finally see my Art Fawcett creation. Boy, oh boy have I been excited. My wife's teasing shot sent via e-mail really piqued my anticipation. Mr. Fawcett is a heavy hitter in my book as this hat is exactly what I wished for! CHEERS!

IMG0323-L.jpg

Back home for a shower, change of clothes. Here is a quick pic of the hat that I am proud to share. I will take better shots and add details when I get a chance over the next couple of days. BTW: Dove felt, 2.5" brim and a VS Strat like hat in concept.

Enjoying a couple of hours of hat time back home in Minnesota, Eric -

Eric,
In the village where I grew up we had a saying for when a man got himself a fine looking new hat.
"Way To Go "

Brando11

A-List Customer
Eric and Rabbit- beautiful hats! I should be joining you in a few days; my second VS is due to arrive Saturday, according to the USPS. I had Art model it after a knockout brown Borsalino of Alan's that was posted a few months back.

Can't wait- pics to follow!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Lovely beaver, Rabbit!

Isn't opening the box for the first time and seeing the immaculate light colored hat a pleasant experience...

Is the premium beaver off-white next? That and a mauve tainted ribbon would be right down your street...

heheh..well the ivory could very well be next..but first I'll invest in some really fine Montecristis. :D The first one is being searched for already. :)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Eric and Rabbit- beautiful hats! I should be joining you in a few days; my second VS is due to arrive Saturday, according to the USPS. I had Art model it after a knockout brown Borsalino of Alan's that was posted a few months back.

Can't wait- pics to follow!

Hey Brando, I'm keen to see those pics! Not too many brown VS's around here. Great color!

Brando11

A-List Customer
And here we are- Just what I had hoped for. A light brown (Pecan, actually) casual hat styled after the Alessandria. Perfect for knocking around town on the weekends. It is such a kick to open up the box, put on the hat and have it fit like it was made just for me. Hey wait a minute- it was!

Bravo, Mr. Fawcett, and thanks!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21