Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you InsolentPuppy ( love that name!!). I told you I was jacked about this one, now you see why. Thank you for all the kind comment Gents. This was a fun project for me and the rarest sort of thing happened..it came out exactly like I saw it in my head and the pic. The only thing I did ala VS was the dip in the bow, it just HAD to be more dramatic to suit me. Puppy just asked me to make it and somehow it just flowed off the bench, no mistakes, no second attempts, no uh-oh's, & I didn't even check back in with him, just surprised him with the completion.
This is what makes hatting fun!!!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thank you InsolentPuppy ( love that name!!). I told you I was jacked about this one, now you see why. Thank you for all the kind comment Gents. This was a fun project for me and the rarest sort of thing happened..it came out exactly like I saw it in my head and the pic. The only thing I did ala VS was the dip in the bow, it just HAD to be more dramatic to suit me. Puppy just asked me to make it and somehow it just flowed off the bench, no mistakes, no second attempts, no uh-oh's, & I didn't even check back in with him, just surprised him with the completion.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I asked Art to recreate this Dunlop Duplex that ScottF posted.

strawfeltlg.jpg

This is what showed up in my mailbox yesterday.

duplex1.jpg

I lurve this hat. Thanks Mr. Fawcett.

(Cross-posted in half-breed hats thread.)

Lurve here too! Wow, that is just plain cool! Just plain COOL!

The Art Fawcett hats posted up the past few weeks have been stunning.

Eric -

dnjan

One Too Many
... and where is the yarmluke?

buler

I'll Lock Up

Great job Art! Looks amazing. So, is there another with a felt crown and a straw brim? :D

B

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Great job Art! Looks amazing. So, is there another with a felt crown and a straw brim? :D

B

LOL..Don't I wish I could save the leftovers!!!
Someone asked what grade panama? It was/is a grade 20 cuenca that I've had since before turning pro. I might have a few more up in the attic but I'm not at all sure. I keep thinking this would be a great project of a semi calado..unfortunately the semi's have skyrocketed in price so it would be a pretty costly adventure.

Thank you Manfred. I wish I could wear that title comfortably but I can''t out of respect for those that truly ARE Master hatters . My skills are limited to gentlemens fedora's and will always be, so , Master won't be in my future either. It's OK, I'm comfortable right here. ;)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I asked Art to recreate this Dunlop Duplex that ScottF posted.

This is what showed up in my mailbox yesterday.

duplex7.jpg

I lurve this hat. Thanks Mr. Fawcett.

(Cross-posted in half-breed hats thread.)

HOLY Moses! This is incredible! What a stunning piece of craftsmanship!
I'm totally nuts about this hat. Congratulations to both InsolentPuppy and Art! A hat of high historical interest brought back to life.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap What a hat! Awesome with a capital A! I already know the next twelve hats I want to order from Art, although I still don´t know which shall be the first. :eusa_doh:
Congratulations InsolentPuppy, you have got yourself a rare beast.

Frank

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WOW,
If i Had a choice/chance of 100 hats or this 1 Fine PANDORA.
PANDORA IT IS !!!!!!!
Killer Work There ART.......:eusa_clap

Congrats I-Puppy

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Own up, who's wishing they'd though of this half-breed first? That is such a fantastic hat, congratulations IP and to Art for raising the bar yet again!

tealseal

A-List Customer
+1 here for owning up! Absolutely stunning. I'd like to echo everyone's congrats to Sir Fawcett and IP for such an impressive and inspiring collaboration.

Edit: We CAN knight him, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou