Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

tealseal

A-List Customer
I don't think that's allowed in the states but you can worship him if you feel that strongly.
Good point. Hmm. As there isn't really a US equivalent, perhaps we give him an honorary doctorate and promote Dr. Fawcett to a Bartender position on the Lounge.... Wait, already done! Never mind that idea. Carry on, gents.

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer
Thanks to everyone for your kind words. All the credit rightfully belongs to Art. All I did was send him the picture of ScottF's hat and ask him to recreate it with whiskey felt. However, since I do get to wear it around, I feel like I'm the one who got the best part of deal.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to everyone for your kind words. All the credit rightfully belongs to Art. All I did was send him the picture of ScottF's hat and ask him to recreate it with whiskey felt. However, since I do get to wear it around, I feel like I'm the one who got the best part of deal.

I also think you got the best part of the deal! Great hat! Art, does the ribbon have to be a certain width to pull that off? Or can you do that like with an Open Road style?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I also think you got the best part of the deal! Great hat! Art, does the ribbon have to be a certain width to pull that off? Or can you do that like with an Open Road style?

I imagine it can be done thin ribbon Johnny but that would only give you one contact point in the sewing of the crown to the brim. On IP's I used two ( stitching lines) . I wouldn't sleep as well with only one but in theory it should be fine.

Sir Art??? I think I could get used to that...of course..I'll have to ask my wife first..

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Silverbelly LITE

About as classic as it gets. Thank you Art!
Or shalt we call thee Sir Arthur? :D :D :D

5.5" x 2 3/8" bound brim, 22 L black ribbon & windcord, purple liner.
The brim ribbon is the silvery golden that works so very well with Silverbelly.

P1060086.jpg

P1060089.jpg

P1060093.jpg

P1060095.jpg

Atop Silvermist:

P1060118.jpg

P1060129.jpg

Silverbelly on the left, Silvermist on the right:

P1060113.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Rabbit. Don't you love that lightweight felt?

I think Sir Arthur Fawcett sounds just right. He can be an Honorary Knight since he's not a UK citizen.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Wonderful to everyone!

I am envisioning something like a Pandora with an ivory brim and a dark/midnight blue ribbon... Oh the possibilities!

tealseal

A-List Customer
Very nice, Rabbit. Don't you love that lightweight felt?

I think Sir Arthur Fawcett sounds just right. He can be an Honorary Knight since he's not a UK citizen.
I'm glad the notion of knighting him has gained traction. I think he deserves it, but we will have to wait and see what his wife thinks. I'll still call him Sir behind his back if the domestic approval is not obtained anyway.....

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks D'Guy, David, and Che.
It's my second ArtLite after the Silvermist. The felt is simply vonderfull.

I'm seriously considering a replica of the dunlap duplex replica... :D
The color combination Whiskey felt & toquilla straw is beautiful. I think Dark Moss would work, too, although the brightness contrast might be too strong to handle; the Whiskey felt works very well in this respect.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I thought I might share the source of inspiration for my new VS Silverbelly.
Some time ago, I saw a Borsalino on ebay with a similar color combo. The combination of a warm light grey felt with a black ribbon was something that I had thought about before, but it was this hat that made me realize just how well the combination works.

Vintage Borsalino:

2-1.jpg

6.jpg

VS: The golden hue of the brim ribbon makes it perfect.

P1060124.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
You're not the only one. I'm having some ideas, too. ;)

I kinda figured you would be among the candidates for the Duplex. Or is now officially called Pandora? Funny name for a hat, the other type of Pandora is sort of prevalent in my mind. lol

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I think I like Duplex better. We should ask Art to name it for us.
Pandora inevitably brings the box to my mind. I've opened it many a times and it's never been pretty! lol

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for bringing the Hatlife page back to mind, Ed!

+1 for naming it Duplex.
It's been used as a generic term for bicolored crown/brim hats (including the ones with one felt for the brim and amother felt for the crown), isn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou