Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I too like the term "Duplex" over Pandora. I'd have to look back to see how that came about. The first thing I thought of when seeing it was "Pantropic", another hat Co. in Ca. How about just "VS Duplex" I might as well tell you I have already built a second but will let the new owner show it when he gets it. I stayed up late to squeeze it into the schedule and again, I'm pretty stoked about how it turned out. I really really like these. Looks like I might have to lay in a stock of these cuenca bodies to accommodate.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I too like the term "Duplex" over Pandora. I'd have to look back to see how that came about. The first thing I thought of when seeing it was "Pantropic", another hat Co. in Ca. How about just "VS Duplex" I might as well tell you I have already built a second but will let the new owner show it when he gets it. I stayed up late to squeeze it into the schedule and again, I'm pretty stoked about how it turned out. I really really like these. Looks like I might have to lay in a stock of these cuenca bodies to accommodate.

I like VS Duplex and can't wait to see pictures of the new one you made. Lucky lounger!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
As a landlord (man I hate that term!), I'll cast a vote against "duplex." Sounds like a dull rental unit with a shared wall.

The VS Alter Ego ?

The VS Double-take?

The VS Twain?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
VS Duplex is cool 'cause it's a combination that honors the vintage one while acknowledging Art's hats.
It does sound a bit real state-y though.
VS Deuce?

Last edited:

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
I really really like these. Looks like I might have to lay in a stock of these cuenca bodies to accommodate.
You better do Art! This is a rare gem of a hat. I still don´t know how my first hat from you will look, but I already know that number two will be a VS Duplex! :D

Frank

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer
I wonder what it would look like with milan straw?

I've been thinking about a low crown, center- or diamond-creased Milan straw combined with a lower contrasting almost matching felt lower (maybe even lighter than the straw), 2" or less brim and a 1" or 1 1/4"party ribbon to tie it all together.

I'd be very interested to hear Mr. Fawcett's thoughts on using a Milan weave in this setting.

Just thinking for now because I can't stop smiling when I look at my VS Duplex.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
In Hawaii someone of mixed race (like me) is call "Hapa." How about the VS Hapa?

But I have to admit that as much as I admire the craftsmanship in this hat, it doesn't do much for me. I understand the straw crown for ventilation, but what do you need the felt brim for? You can't wear it in the rain or anything. Maybe I'd have to see one in person.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I've been thinking about a low crown, center- or diamond-creased Milan straw combined with a lower contrasting almost matching felt lower (maybe even lighter than the straw), 2" or less brim and a 1" or 1 1/4"party ribbon to tie it all together.

I'd be very interested to hear Mr. Fawcett's thoughts on using a Milan weave in this setting.

Just thinking for now because I can't stop smiling when I look at my VS Duplex.

Boy, you guys are going warp speed here. Puppy, I already have a milan on the block to play with and I like your concept. St.Valentine, I've already make the calls to bring in some cuenca's. I normally don't stock them.

Mustangman...you peeked..right?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Now that I've had a bit of time to think about a proper name I want to throw this out to the crowd. How about taking parts of ideas here and call them "VS Double Eagles"
It conjures up a better mental image for me , how about you guys?

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
As "Duplex" was already used for the original I think it should be named different. Anything with "double" in it sounds right to me.
Art, good to hear that you are already stocking up! :eusa_clap

Frank

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Cool, VS-Double Eagles
I Like that, you probably see em flying around in your area a lot..
I want one perched on my head

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Cool, VS-Double Eagles
I Like that, you probably see em flying around in your area a lot..
I want one perched on my head

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You're right Seabass, we actually have a local family of them, that's one reason it came to mind. Also, I actually live in Eagle Point, Oregon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou