Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

seabass

Call Me a Cab
ART-MILAN
I wore this today & shot a few pics for Detail.
232323232%7Ffp63594%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D354%3A64%3A88534%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63585%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D354%3A64%3A8%3A434%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73462%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D354%3A64%3A88634%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73442%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D354%3A64%3A87434%3Bnu0mrj
:cool:

Doublegun

Practically Family
Thanks for the photo info... let's try again...

My new VS Pecan from the master....

7474506514_fe35a0b1d5_m.jpg

7474506828_07dbe452cc_m.jpg

7474507040_492f437b77_m.jpg

7474506644_56fe864b12_m.jpg

If the sun cooperates today, I'll take some pics of the Montecristi rebuild Art worked wonders on....

Have a Great Saturday!,
Brad

This one continues to haunt me. Is the Pecan a lightweight felt?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Art, I think I saw someone mention a new batch of lightweight felts.

Is that happening or wishful thinking? I know the ArtLite hats you've made for me are my favorite modern felt by far. Are you out completely now?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Art, I think I saw someone mention a new batch of lightweight felts.

Is that happening or wishful thinking? I know the ArtLite hats you've made for me are my favorite modern felt by far. Are you out completely now?
At the moment David, it's wishful thinking. I have had Winchester agree to make them for me again but it most likely won't happen this year. I was asked not to announce it until they are done because they don't want the extra pressure ( they are maxed out with current employees) and don't have quite enough biz to add another shift. So, I'm hoping next spring I will have something to talk about. Also, I have all existing bodies committed for the moment, completely out.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
At the moment David, it's wishful thinking. I have had Winchester agree to make them for me again but it most likely won't happen this year. I was asked not to announce it until they are done because they don't want the extra pressure ( they are maxed out with current employees) and don't have quite enough biz to add another shift. So, I'm hoping next spring I will have something to talk about. Also, I have all existing bodies committed for the moment, completely out.

and the stampede begins. Art I think we may need a "So when's it going to happen" thread so we don't clog this one.
Tom D.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Ooops, didn't mean to start a rush for these, Art. Thanks for the update though. It is clear there is a market for the lightweight felt so it would be smart of Winchester to make it again.

You should get the conformer for Caren's hat the middle of this week.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I have a felt hat body question if I may ask.
Do you make all sizes out of the same body?
If not then how many body sizes are there?
Does the smallest hat made in a body size come out thicker or do you pounce to a desired thickness on all?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I have a felt hat body question if I may ask.
Do you make all sizes out of the same body?

yes

If not then how many body sizes are there?

Does the smallest hat made in a body size come out thicker or do you pounce to a desired thickness on all?

no, the size is based on the first blocking at the factory, The larger the size then yes, the overall felt will be thinner. What is different and can be customized if you have a big enough order is the weight of the body itself that you ( or they) start with. There isn't a single answer that covers it all. I personally don't try to regulate the thickness of the felt like others using micrometers etc. I think a person could drive themselves nuts ( or Mad , if you will) by trying to be too perfect so I concentrate on the artistic side of the hat ie: finish and ribbon work. I honestly try to keep this as fun as possible so the creative thoughts don't get too clogged up.

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
mike the hat is you !
the symetrical ribbon is matching your outfit & surroundings well...
i hoping breakfast was a blast !

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I personally don't try to regulate the thickness of the felt like others using micrometers etc. I think a person could drive themselves nuts ( or Mad , if you will) by trying to be too perfect so I concentrate on the artistic side of the hat ie: finish and ribbon work. I honestly try to keep this as fun as possible so the creative thoughts don't get too clogged up.

I believe that you take the correct direction. Your workmanship is superb, but the artistic part is what we love.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
mike the hat is you !
the symetrical ribbon is matching your outfit & surroundings well...
i hoping breakfast was a blast !

Thanks Che, breakfast was great and so was lunch. My sister and bro/in law from Novato are visiting for a few days so showing them the town.

BTW your looking slick as usual in the milan and another great shirt!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
VS Family shot

VS Hats have been my go to everyday hats this past year. As other posters on this thread I Love my hats. They give me protection, superb fit, and style for my hatted desires. My hats must be able to be worn evryday and travel with me. I treasure each one and keep them as clean and pristine as any other article of clothing I own. As many readers of this thread already know, my hats occasionaly blow off, swim in the lake, hit the ground, have luggage placed on it, and once even got sat on when to my belief complely safe on sitting on an airplane seat (as I put carry on luggage away. Needless to say, I believe they are very durable.

Love my hats. I got home a bit ago and in the evening Minnesota July sun I took a few family VS shots. Apologies offered if my family post is annoying. I post the family shot out of pride and honor of being an Art Fawcett client.

Hat family

IMG2202-L.jpg

(top row - Stetson Stratoliner inspired Dove w/charcoal ribbon, Stetson Weston inspired silvermist, Stetson Stratoliner inspired Dove. bottom row - Stetson Whippet inspired Moss Green, Sahara felt w/ chocolate milk ribbon, Adam Executive inspired Bluesmoke)

IMG2187-L.jpg

IMG2186-L.jpg

IMG2198-L.jpg

As other VS hat owners already know, Art Fawcett's customer service and artistic work have few rivals in the world. Worldclass results from a worldclass guy.

Thanks for letting me share, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy