Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Wow, Thank you Gents!!! I don't have any special plans today other than work in the shop & try not to think about how old I'm getting. uggg, one more year and it will be official, I'll be an "old man"

emigran

Practically Family
Happy Birthday Art... and many healthy prosperous years more...!!!

Prof: I just acquired a Charcoal beauty from Art... I didn't know what ribbon the Maestro was going to choose... came n with a gorgeous Burgundy... OMG it gives the Charcoal such a rich and velvety look...

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Art, your hats are an inspiration to me. My sincere thanks for all the good work. You have a life-long customer here.

In response to Professor's thoughts on ribbon width, I put together some photos that might help you decide what to choose. For reference, note that I'm not a tall fellow (5' 8"/ 136 lbs).

From left to right, the hats in the photos have ribbon widths of 12 ligne (VS Montecristi Panama w/ black ribbon), 16 L (VS Blue Smoke w/ black ribbon), 19 L (VS Dove w/ black ribbon), 22 L (VS Dove w/ charcoal ribbon).

All hats are 5 1/2" open crown. However, the Blue Smoke is blocked on a slightly rounder block and creased a tad lower than the other hats pictured here.

The two collages below: 19 ligne versus 22 ligne from different perspectives.

Note how the hatband width relates to the total crown height.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I got my first VS hat a couple months back, but never got around to posting it here, so here it is.

IMGP1246.jpg IMGP1253.jpg
It's a chocolate featherweight based on the 1948 "Bold Look" hat.
BoldLookHat3.jpg
I must say that I am truly blown away by the quality and style of this hat, it's more than I ever could have expected.

And a very happy birthday to you Mr. Fawcett.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points