Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

panama jack

One of the Regulars
carter said:

The Forrestor is Art's rust-colored felt.

1818418239_b6bba7d776.jpg

More pictures on this thread
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=24768&page=2&highlight=Forrestor

Carter,
Beautiful hat and I love the ribbon treatment that I seen in your other thread of this hat.

pj

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Nice one. I agree the pleated bow is wonderful. Art is really doing some fantastic ones. I love the pleated bow on my new one and all the others I have seen him do lately. Wonderful:eusa_clap Is the ribbon a darkish grey?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Tom, a great choice! Wonderful! I thought that Hungarian Florint was weak....or are you expecting it to weaken further!? Or, the truth is a work of Art is PRICELESS, right!!?

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Karl, the whiskey hat is a beauty.

Billy, Thanks for the kind words. I knew Art would make also the black hat in a way that it is stunnig.

Bart, the ribbon is a steel gray one - the felt is black and the liner is red:).

Daizawaguy, The HUF is weak now, right– but when I commissioned this beauty back in November 2008 it was stronger but my will to possess this VS hat has been even stronger ;) .

The hats of Art do magic – you want always some more.

Best Regards:

Tom

duggap

Banned
Hungry Tom, that is a real beauty. What model or sytle of Art's is that hat or did you and Art design that one. I really like the side dents on that hat. Way to go for both you and Art.:eusa_clap

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Duggap,

Thanks for promoting me to a hat designer lol
- in reality my role in this project was limited to give the color specs from his Sesquipedalian hat Art made for Delthayre and to ask Art to reiterate the hat block/ribbon treatment style which he did for my midnight blue - a few hundred posts further down in this thread- and than to do the financing.
Long story short - it is highly recommended to recombine his designs and to leave Art the creative liberty.

Tom

dostacos

Practically Family
has anyone here done a BAKED ALASKA? that hat is so sweet and buttery I think I gain 3 pounds every time I look at it and would love to see in on someone.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Tom, I really like the black hat. It's nice to see one that doesn't look like a "Godfather" hat! I've been contemplating a black custom. This makes it more tempting!

I can only imagine how long it took Art to craft that bow, Tom. It's in that kind of detail work where the committed and talented hat maker's art really shows. How many stitches went into that bow, do you suppose. And, from what I can tell in the photos, each and every one of them is quite carefully concealed. That's a LOT of work, I'm here to tell you. Only a person truly determined to make a very high quality hat would go to such lengths.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Tonyb,

I am aware how much talent has been invested into that ribbon work of Art – getting the side dents right by plain eyesight and the feel for the proportions I assume. And the personal involvement of the master – not the delegating of task to one of his apprentices. How many working hours – I frankly did not ask.

Art kindly sent me a photo of his custom designs he did lately where his ribbon work has been inspired by Native American artwork –it reminded me of a kachina eagle figure– he simply did that by folding. I have never seen something like that neither with the highly-prized vintage mercury hats neither with new custom makers.

I had my good reasons to reply Art Fawcett, Art Fawcett, Art Fawcett to the thread - which custom hatter? And it was not just plain parrotting. Fedora lounge members display a myriad hats I have the real visual comparison and I place VS hats on the top.

Carter, NotBogart, - I wanted to have a black hat and I knew I had to go for Art since black hats can easily slide to the sinister henchman look of state terror (GESTAPO/GPU/AVH) or private criminal organizations.

Arts black hat looks like pure artwork.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Vanity's equally fine hour

Slightly less than a year after I received The Sesquipedalian, I have received a new hat from Mister Fawcett, which I call The Selcouth, and so I offer its entry into this esteemed thread.

Specifications
Felt: Granite pure beaver
Ribbon: 22 ligne, charcoal grey
Edge binding: 12 ligne steel grey
Crown: 5 2/4" when open, diamond crown with front dents
Brim: 2 5/8" all around
Liner: black

3223443474_829f6746fc_o.jpg

3222587581_485dbc1fe2_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members