Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Pleased to serve

univibe88 said:
Very nice Delthayre! But no headshot???

I didn't include it in that post, but I provided one in its post in the Post All New Hats Here thread.

For your convenience, it is included below.

3222586799_001197dca7_o.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Congratulations Delthayre!

I frankly admired the Sesquipedalian and I admit I did pinch the color combination.
I also like this lighter colored hat - the ribbon treatment is fine.
The name itself deserves an extra praise.
You also have to be careful with the dosage of your investments making you also a quality focusser.
Mr. Fawcett offers hat solutions that are really unique and match the wearer's character.

univibe88

One Too Many
I have a question for all your VS owners. I thought about starting another thraed, but I figured we have a captive audience here.

How much do you baby your VS hats? How much do you use them as intended?

Personally, I put them through their paces. In fact, I think that wearing my granite fedora in several rain and snow storms has been good for it. The felt is now even softer and the sweatband has gotten softer and fits even better (if that is even possible!) The liner is a tad discolored from the damn pomade I put in my hair, but I really don't care about that.

I just give it a brush sometimes and I keep it on a hat rack with the brim turned up when not it use. Otherwise I just wear it!

I know indycop has run a race wearing one of his. Any other user stories out there? Art, any dos or don'ts?

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Like a newly waxed hood

The only care that I apply is brushing them occasionally. No weather has made me demure at wearing one of my VS hats. Doubtless some day in the future, I will send them to someone for reblocking and professional cleaning, but I don't imagine that I will need to do that any time soon. Neither of my hats have suffered especially abusive weather, but I have worn the Sesquipedalian in a handful of rainstorms and a snowstorm; it bore all of them without 'complaint'. The Selcouth hasn't been on my head long enough to be worn in a storm, but I doubt that it will bear them any less well than the Sesquipedalian.

All told, VS hats are quite resilient.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
New "Majestic"

I asked Art to replicate a Johnnyphi Adam Majestic that I lost to Jimmy the Lid. It finally came, and he did a great job, as usual. Now I have the hat in lightweight beaver, custom fitted, and more suited to SoCal. I really liked the ribbon treatment with the two buttons, which I thought gave it a clean line. This is my first "work of Art" and will certainly not be my last.

DSCN1285.jpg

DSCN1286.jpg

DSCN1287.jpg

DSCN1292.jpg

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Torches along

That's quite splendid. I especially admire the wide edge binding. The ribbon treatment is intriguing as well.

Art Fawcett said:
Yup Univibe...DO wear them...DON'T baby them..they are only hats. You should be able to brush them off once & a while and keep going.

Hear, hear!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
tortswon said:

I saw this one in person yesterday. Very nice, and it has broken in so nicely in a short period of time. Also, it's the first time I've seen, in person;
1. The Dark Moss on a complete hat - much nicer than just the samples or photos.
2. An Art Fawcett that didn't belong to me!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kaosharper1 said:
I asked Art to replicate a Johnnyphi Adam Majestic that I lost to Jimmy the Lid. It finally came, and he did a great job, as usual. Now I have the hat in lightweight beaver, custom fitted, and more suited to SoCal. I really liked the ribbon treatment with the two buttons, which I thought gave it a clean line. This is my first "work of Art" and will certainly not be my last.

DSCN1287.jpg

Very nice looking, kao. What color is the felt and how wide is the brim?

kaosharper1

One Too Many
BobC:

The brim is 2.5" and it is silverbelly. It has a silver hat band and the brim is bound in a tan/gold color. Art may be able to tell us the exact color.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kaosharper1 said:
BobC:

The brim is 2.5" and it silverbelly. It has a silver hat band and the brim is bound in a tan/gold color. Art may be able to tell us the exact color.

That is a very sharp hat, Kao and Art. These lighter colored lids are really catching my eye lately. That one is a knock out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points