Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Topdog

Familiar Face
Well I took the plunge. The conformer is on the way. I am looking at a Granite felt, psuedo Brooklyn style, 2 3/8 trimmed brim with a deep, deep forest green/charcoal ribbon. Art says approximately 6 weeks. I can't wait!

D

demian

@Delthayre:

When I viewed this ribbon design, I toug "no"....much to *busy*..Art is a great guy, and very talented, but his work is not *my* personal style or to my taste generally.

But upon viewing the photo, man, you look awesome.

I am continually humbled.

The hat and your look suit you perfectly.

Very cool. you look like a guy I'd like to know.

A guy that definitely commands attention and makes a presence in a room.

Well done!

Thanks for sharing,

ciao

Delthayre said:
I didn't include it in that post, but I provided one in its post in the Post All New Hats Here thread.

For your convenience, it is included below.

3222586799_001197dca7_o.jpg

Topdog

Familiar Face
Delthayre said:
Slightly less than a year after I received The Sesquipedalian, I have received a new hat from Mister Fawcett, which I call The Selcouth, and so I offer its entry into this esteemed thread.

Specifications
Felt: Granite pure beaver
Ribbon: 22 ligne, charcoal grey
Edge binding: 12 ligne steel grey
Crown: 5 2/4" when open, diamond crown with front dents
Brim: 2 5/8" all around
Liner: black

3223443474_829f6746fc_o.jpg

3222587581_485dbc1fe2_o.jpg

that certainly is "unusual" and 'rarely known";)

1911 Man

A-List Customer
I cannot get enough of these beautiful VS hats. I like them so much, I just ordered my second. I asked for a remake of the Stetson Whippet in chocolate felt. I only ordered it a week ago, and I faithfully check my email 3 times daily :)

Topdog

Familiar Face
I just sent my conformer back. My first one will be in Granite felt.

Art sent me some sample cards and i'm liking the camel color as well. Does anyone have a camel colored VS hat they want to share with us?

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Topdog said:
I just sent my conformer back. My first one will be in Granite felt.

Art sent me some sample cards and i'm liking the camel color as well. Does anyone have a camel colored VS hat they want to share with us?

Topdog,

Boxerken:
pp.23 / post #460 of this same thread

daizwaguy: pp.38 / post # 757 of this same thread.

Use the search function
Forums: hats
keyword: camel
search in:posts

You will see many photos. I did the same when I put together my plans for the ordering of my VS Camel hat.

Tom

Topdog

Familiar Face
Thanks Tom,
I saw those pages previously and suspected that they might be camel but wasn't suresince camera lighting and monitors vary greatly.. One thing I have learned from this particular thread is that when I do receive my hats and post them, I will post the specifications along with the pictures. For me it is great when I can see a particular hat that intrigues me and the ribbon width, color acrown size and brim specs are listed.

Thanks again.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
EXCELLENT PHOTO!!!!

handlebar bart said:
moustachecontestgf7.jpg

light sage work of Art
Handlebar,

This should be featured in a photo magazine!

Congratulations.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tom

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HungaryTom said:
Handlebar,

This should be featured in a photo magazine!

Congratulations.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tom

Thanks it was a photo taken for the Seattle 'beard and stache fest' contest for charity. It turned out great despite my face being part of the photolol

Better version with credit. photographer is Jacob Clifford at potentvision.com
89703299wy4.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Congratulations Daizawaguy!

Excellent color choice and ribbon work solution from Art.
The VS hat collection is a small treasure and the photo itself is also a nice artwork.
I definitely like their look.

Best:

Tom

StylinLA

Familiar Face
VS Steel

After some back and forth with USPS, I got my first work Art Saturday- The Sportaire. Great hat! Worth the wait and anticipation.

Now debating my second VS. Poking around the Hall of Fame thread, and seeing tons of great stuff. But I don't see any VS hats in "Steel." Anybody have a work of Art in that color?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
StylinLA said:
After some back and forth with USPS, I got my first work Art Saturday- The Sportaire. Great hat! Worth the wait and anticipation.

Now debating my second VS. Poking around the Hall of Fame thread, and seeing tons of great stuff. But I don't see any VS hats in "Steel." Anybody have a work of Art in that color?

Steel is a great color
vslidvr7.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks really sharp, Bart. How dark is it? I've been wanting to get a gray, but I want a lighter gray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails