Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Build a hat around an idea

lc1484,

Art does it great all the time.

Hats up to the service the pin and the thin blue line represent.
The color harmonies are abolutely magnificient and it suits you very well.
As it seems this will be your signature hat.Congratulations to you and to Art!

Tom

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another fantastic hat, Art and lc, and what a fine tribute. Wear it in good health and enjoy it to the fullest.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi IC148,

I'm myself in the "thin blue line", so I sincerely appreciate your tribute idea. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

And Art has given a fine form to it.

Wear it proudly!

Regards!

lc1484

One of the Regulars
thanks for all the compliments folks

you were all right when I joined the Lounge about the VS hats...2 and counting now...

very addicting..

Larry
;)

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Took the plunge!

I PM'd Art on Tuesday and asked for some basic information, and then proceeded to procrastinate calling him until Thursday afternoon, because of my extreme shyness. (Nothing about him; everything I'd read on here said he was a really friendly guy. I'm just shy by nature, and not a phone person lol).

I should have known better. Coolest dude in the universe.

We went over my basic ideas for the hat, and what I was looking for. Art definitely "knows his stuff," and we even wound up chatting off-topic for a few minutes. I'm already addicted, and thinking up ideas for my second hat... and I haven't even received the conformer for the first one yet!

(Which was sent out today, btw. I'm so excited now!)

Will definitely be posting pictures here when the time comes.

-Tofu

lc1484

One of the Regulars
AdmiralTofu,

you won't regret this decision you made....it was a well thought out one...I have never even spoken to Art...all my correspondence has been done via email for my 2 hats....

can't wait to see...he has been consistently about less than 2 months to make a hat after he has the conformer back...after that, every hat from that point on if faster because he keeps your measurements.

Larry:)

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I knew (or figured) that we could do it completely through e-mail or PMs if desired, but I felt at least for the first hat, it was important to give a call, especially since I'm being so exacting and pedantic about the design I want. lol

For subsequent hats, I'm basically planning to say, "Here's a basic idea -- have a blast and run with it." :)

But in the meantime, the next six weeks or so are going to be torture. lol

-Tofu

Big Man

indycop said:
Great hat lc!!:eusa_clap

Art I think I am seeing a pattern here, Police hats 2, hosedragger hats 0!lol

It's a wonder there are any police hats, seeing that the conformer Art sends looks like a giant doughnut ... :eek: :D :D :D :D

Big Man

indycop said:
I was wondering how long it would take you to show up!lol lol

PS you should have come to Monteagle!

I would have loved to had been able to join you all. Maybe next year.

univibe88

One Too Many
analogist said:
Ask Art to send you a picture of Grey Ghost. The dark purple ribbon against the grey body is way cool.

analogist or Art, can you post a picture of the illusive Grey Ghost? I'd love to see it.

Big Man

Speaking of FireMAN hats ...

Just so you all know, there is at least one FireMAN hat out there. Here's the story:

Our department responded to a house fire two Sunday's ago. I responded in my vehicle from Church (complete with suit and my "1928 Reunion" hat of Art's). The house was an old wooden structure that apparently had been burning unnoticed for some time. It was "fully involved", with fire already coming out the roof. I was first on the scene and took command. I jumped from my vehicle, not taking time to put on my turnout gear, to do an initial scene survey so as to give a report to the first arriving engine.

Upon completing the initial survey and giving my report, I began to put on my turn out gear. It was at this time that I noticed several tiny burning embers glowing on the brim and crown of my hat. :eek: I quickly snuffed them out (which left smudge marks [huh] ), and proceeded with the duties on the fire grounds.

After it was all over, I looked closely at my hat. A little bit of cleaning and a good brushing left only faint remnants of the hat's brush with death. Art's hats may not be fireproof, but they sure are tough as hell. You have to look really close to see where the "damage" was.

I got this hat (and all the hats I own) to wear and use. The "1928 Reunion" hat now has an added touch of character.

lc1484

One of the Regulars
thanks for the comments Indy...I was inspired by your Rememberance hat...

Big Man...sorry about your Reunion seeing action....maybe you can have Art make you a felt helmet plate now to put on the front like a fire helmet...

:rolleyes:
Larry

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Well, I'm on the way to a VS hat, here's the mock-up of mine Art sent me... :p

DSC00377.jpg

I'll be sending this back very soon as I couldn't steam it easily... :D

N. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member