Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

nickn5

One of the Regulars
HungaryTom said:
Nickn - you opened the new fperspective of the fedora - avantgarde! Lets call this one the Space Odyssey 2009.

lol Yes, or it could be the fedora the aliens should have worn in Indiana Jones Crystal Skull... :D

N. :)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
My quartet of stingies: natural (lite) 1 7/8"; pecan (lite) 1 7/8"; camel 1 3/4"; midnight blue 2"

January2009007-3.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Steel Trackside

Macheath said:
Goodman, Krupa, Hampton, and Wilson would have been pleased.

Nice. I'm definitely a fan!

Here is my newest VS hat by Art Fawcett. It is a Trackside in Steel but with a 2 1/2" brim. I also modified the crease on it a bit so it was more to my liking, it is more of a teardrop now instead of the diamond (no offense, Art!) :D .
In the future I may start ordering my hats from Art open crown because I love creasing hats myself. FYI, This photo was taken outdoors with a flash.

354595245.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Thanks. I asked Art to choose the ribbon color. Coincidentally, I found the matching scarf the day after receiving the hat.

For those interested, I am considering photographing this hat along side my featherweight Granite. I thought it might be nice for folks to be able to see those colors side by side.

anon`

One Too Many
Viper Man said:
Nice. I'm definitely a fan!

Here is my newest VS hat by Art Fawcett. It is a Trackside in Steel but with a 2 1/2" brim. I also modified the crease on it a bit so it was more to my liking, it is more of a teardrop now instead of the diamond (no offense, Art!) :D .
In the future I may start ordering my hats from Art open crown because I love creasing hats myself. FYI, This photo was taken outdoors with a flash.

354595245.jpg
About bloody time! ;)

I like that ribbon. Is the stripe a shale-grey?

Viper Man

Banned
anon` said:
About bloody time! ;)

I like that ribbon. Is the stripe a shale-grey?

Ha! Overall, I think it's very similar to yours. The stripe is a light grey, maybe a pearl? It's hard to tell against the burgundy ribbon. Here are some shots of both of my VS hats. The first is with a flash.

354610806.jpg

354610805.jpg

anon`

One Too Many
Viper Man said:
Ha! Overall, I think it's very similar to yours. The stripe is a light grey, maybe a pearl?
It is very similar to mine, but (on my screen, at least) the ribbon on your hat appears to have just a wee bit more red in it than on mine, but otherwise they're very similar. Except that I kept the nifty kite-diamond bash ;)

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Viper Man said:
Ha! Overall, I think it's very similar to yours. The stripe is a light grey, maybe a pearl? It's hard to tell against the burgundy ribbon. Here are some shots of both of my VS hats. The first is with a flash.

According to my felt sample from Art it looks like the unflashed picture is closer to the true color?

Viper Man

Banned
kaosharper1 said:
According to my felt sample from Art it looks like the unflashed picture is closer to the true color?

Well, this is sort of odd but I think the granite with the flash indoors looks pretty true but the steel with the flash indoors isn't quite right. I'd say the Steel with flash outdoors (the first pic I posted) is closest.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Viper Man said:
Well, this is sort of odd but I think the granite with the flash indoors looks pretty true but the steel with the flash indoors isn't quite right. I'd say the Steel with flash outdoors (the first pic I posted) is closest.

That's the porkpie that's granite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn