Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Decisions...decisions

I'm waiting to "go on the block" with my second VS. Discussed it with Art already.

But everytime I look in here- I see another hat I'd like...

Whiskey, Steel, Silver Mist, Granite, Midnight Blue....

Ahhhhhhhh

Jabos

A-List Customer
Stylin, I'm on the block too and can tell you that this thread will drive you crazy with ideas. That I think is the problem with Art's hats-you want one of everything.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
New Art

Been busy wearing this, forgot to post pics.

P1011420-1.jpg
[/IMG]
P1011417-1.jpg
[/IMG]
P1011419-1-2.jpg
[/IMG]

I love the sheen on this hat. I really wanted a bound brim and smaller ribbon, Art suggested camel I agreed and everything else was up to him. This will not be a dress hat I like it so much I'm going to wear the heck out of it.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Hey Bart. Thanks, the pin is that little $10.00 USA flag pin from Mens Vogue. Usally I don't like the Flag messed with(ex military), but I thought it would look nice on a hat. I'm unsure if it will stay there. What do you guys think.

Topdog

Familiar Face
Selentino, love the color. Is that a lightweight felt ore the regular felt. I've been kicking aroung the idea of getting a ARTlite in Camel or sahara.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Selentino, love the color. Is that a lightweight felt ore the regular felt. I've been kicking aroung the idea of getting a ARTlite in Camel or sahara.

StylinLA

Familiar Face
As I was writing my last post in here, Art was dropping a new hat in the mail.

What a fantastic surprise! I wanted a black hat- and I knew he could make one I'd love. Following Hungary Tom's advice, I gave just some basic input.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to post it in here.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Selentino said:
I love the sheen on this hat. I really wanted a bound brim and smaller ribbon, Art suggested camel I agreed and everything else was up to him. This will not be a dress hat I like it so much I'm going to wear the heck out of it.

What does he call this one? Or is this one you came up with?

StylinLA

Familiar Face
VS in Black

Asked Art to do something in black and gave just basic input- Sportaire block, lightweight felt. Take a look at THE FAIRFAX.

StylinLa

StylinLa

StylinLa

StylinLA

Familiar Face
handlebar bart said:
StylinLA, me likey:eusa_clap What are the dimensions on that one and what is the crown shaped like?

It's the Sportaire block. 2.5 inch brim. Since I gave the maestro free reign, I don't have the crown ribbon dimensions, color and accent color yet.

Crown is skosh lower than the standard Sportaire.

I'd say the crown ribbon is a graphite...it almost has a dark greenish tinge in certain light.

It's a c crown like the Sportaire.

I just decided to name it The Fairfax.

Special thanks to Hungary Tom- his black VS got me focused and I opted to let Art run free. I love the results.

You haven't lived until you see that box and start cutting it open having only a basic idea what's inside. But confident it's going to rock.

Thanks Art! You hit it out of the park.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks Art! You hit it out of the park.

Thank you Stylin..was my pleasure

Gents, the crown is 5 1/2 but creased slightly lower, graphite is a good name for the ribbon...there isn't a name on it and is a 20 ligne from the 40's. Bound in 9 ligne black & there we are!!

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Ribbon from the 40s...

That's too cool Art.

One day I'm coming up there with some bourbon to find out where you get the vintage stuff.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Commandment broken, more or less

That Fairfax is a splendid hat. It has fine proportions and profile as well as a variety of the mixing of black with some grey trim that I like so well. I knew that Mister Fawcett uses vintage ribbon whenever he can, but there is something especially heartening about reading the particular era of a ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails