Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

xmx

New in Town
I've lurked a while and never posted but I thought my new VS hat might be worth a first post. Here it is, Century felt in Sahara. The photography doesn't do it justice, the ribbon looks black in the pics but it's really navy.
I'm afraid this hat is going to cost me more than I realized. I thought I had an OK selection of colors but I don't see any of my old hats getting much wear now that I've seen how much nicer they could be. Guess I'll start saving up for a nice gray one now.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Were you able to find a fit, 89Quattro?

Making progress.

Art reached out a few posts back stating he could help with an 8 1/4 or a bit more. I will take him up on that offer down the road. Thanks Art!
Ordered another Size 8 Temple from Village Hat Shop, and found it to be a bit larger than the defective piece I received/returned to DelMonico. The new one actually fits OK...a wee bit tight front and back, but wearable without looking silly.
I'm queued up with Mike at Northwest for a custom job. Waiting is tough but I'm sure the end result will be great.
Parker at Falcon Park indicated he has blocks up to 26 in, will be making a selection with him.
Contacted Brett Stiles late Sunday evening, and he built me a full body charcoal gray newsboy. Completed and shipped on Monday with delivery here in NY tomorrow. Outstanding service at a very reasonable price.
Sam Menche contacted Akruba, and they agreed to build a 65 cm Stylemaster in carbon gray. Another worthwhile wait. Going to see if he can convince them to build a 65 cm BG Campdraft.

Damm you all, looks like I got the fever. :)

Last edited:

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Nice, xmx! Is that the lightweight, or the dress weight sahara? If you have the chance, please post a photo taken in natural light. What a great hat!

xmx

New in Town
Nice, xmx! Is that the lightweight, or the dress weight sahara? If you have the chance, please post a photo taken in natural light. What a great hat!
I'm not sure, I didn't specify when I ordered. I'm not that well versed in hats yet. It's certainly lighter and thinner than my rabbit felt Stetson, but not as thin and floppy as some hats I've looked at.
It's cold and grey here, but I'll get a pic if the sun comes out.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I've lurked a while and never posted but I thought my new VS hat might be worth a first post. Here it is, Century felt in Sahara. The photography doesn't do it justice, the ribbon looks black in the pics but it's really navy.
I'm afraid this hat is going to cost me more than I realized. I thought I had an OK selection of colors but I don't see any of my old hats getting much wear now that I've seen how much nicer they could be. Guess I'll start saving up for a nice gray one now.

This is a stunning fedora. The pounce looks amazing!! What a beauty all the way around.

fedoralover

One of my favorite combos

Yeah, I dig certain blues and browns together, too. We don't see it often, though.

We all look to historic styles and colors for guidance, as well we should, as there were about a gazillion fine lookin' lids produced way back when. But I sometimes look to other things -- Persian rugs, for instance -- for interesting color combinations, no matter how unusual they may be on a hat.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Funny you say that. I was just reading Van Gogh's letters to his brother, in one of which he talks about the same thing: looking at Persian rugs, Japanese paintings, and odd combinations in nature for new and interesting color combinations. You're in good company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925